Are you looking to gain experience in the IT field with a Fortune 200 company? CDW is the "real world" experience you're looking for. We want fresh, youthful minds to work (and play) with some of the smartest, most creative, hardest working people in their fields.
As an intern in the IT department, you will work on high-quality, growth IT projects where you can gain valuable experience while delivering projects that make a difference. We have opportunities that include application development, security, hardware and software systems, project management, quality control, and process improvement. Our intent is to ensure interns have a valuable experience and consider CDW for full-time employment post-graduation.
We have internships in multiple areas of IT. Each is outlined below, and you only need to apply once. Alignment to a specific internship will be discussed during the interview process.
Business Process Analyst InternWhat you’ll do:
- Work with our Business Process Transformation team on innovative projects that reengineer business processes to improve overall organization performance.
- Work on important projects for senior management to improve quality, reduce errors and improve efficiency.
Project Manager InternWhat you’ll do:
- Critical thinking and problem-solving mindset
- Analytical skills working with analysis techniques, data evaluation, and workflows
- Self-motivated, driven to get results and make an impact
- Assist the IT PD&P project managers with planning and coordinating activities of technology projects to ensure that goals and objectives of projects are accomplished within the established time frames, budget parameters
- Ensure the project management practice’s processes are followed, improved upon and kept up to date.
- Develop a basic understanding of overall project management methodologies, tools and processes to help ensure success of the overall project.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, proactively collaborate and build relationships with both the business and the development sides
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines and having strong attention to detail
- Strong time management, planning and organizational skills
Qualifications What we’re looking for:
Our interview process:
- Currently enrolled undergraduate students who are graduating December 2020, May 2021, December 2021 or May 2022.
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- Someone who is self-motivated and driven to get results and make an impact while utilizing strong written and verbal skills to communicate effectively.
- Someone who is team oriented and able to develop positive relationships with coworkers and other partners involved.
- Strong presentation skills, including ability to develop and deliver PowerPoint presentations.
- Microsoft Office skills including, but not limited to Outlook, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Availability to work a 40-hour week within standard business hours throughout the summer.
- Authorization to work in the US; without sponsorship as a full-time coworker.
After you submit your application, you will receive an invite via email to complete our on demand HireVue digital interview. The HireVue interview can be completed by webcam, smartphone, tablet, or anything with a forward-facing video camera attached to it. Once completed, your interview comes straight back to the hiring team here at CDW. Your HireVue is for our eyes only; your recruiter and the team you are applying to join will be the only people to view it. Be yourself, relax and have fun with it. We thank you for your patience during our review of your application and digital interview, and we will be in-touch with next steps in the process.
We are a unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers and problem solvers. Our coworkers aspire every single day to be better than they were yesterday because we know success means never being satisfied. We believe winning requires balance - a combination of assigned work and freethinking, quick wins and quick breaks. When our coworkers enjoy what they do and who they're with, they do their best work. And that means everyone wins.
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces and workspaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. Our coworkers across the globe are working together to bring technology to life for our customers. Awards and Recognitions:
- Ranked #191 on the Fortune 500 list
- Ranked #24 on Computerworld’s 2019 Best Places to work in IT
- Ranked #10 on Fairygodboss’s list of the 2019 Best Companies for Women
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.