Are you looking to gain experience in the Strategic Programs field with a Fortune 200 company? CDW is the "real world" experience you're looking for. We want fresh, youthful minds to work (and play) with some of the smartest, most creative, hardest working people in their fields.
Supplier Diversity Intern
As a Supplier Diversity Intern, you will be responsible for the screening of suppliers for ethical and sustainable practices in the supply chain while helping them adopt ethical and sustainable behaviors. We will give you the opportunity to work directly with our key Supplier Diversity partners to collaborate on projects that directly affect the business. We are looking for a dedicated, hard-working individual.
What you’ll do:
- Identify, gather, and analyze/research complex data sets utilizing a variety of tools (a combination of agreements, surveys, scorecards, etc.) to enhance the reporting process and provide clear actionable insight to the Supplier Diversity leadership team.
- Support the design, build, and implementation of key performance indicators and targets to more effectively monitor the influence of our sourcing efforts and drive greater understanding of how suppliers are managing topics such as economic growth, regulatory compliance and cybersecurity.
- Support the development and communication of Supplier Diversity through passion for increasing influence throughout CDW.
- Provide logistical support to the team focused on enhancing CDW’s reputation in varied communities through engagement in conferences, summits and other industry events.
- Ability to demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances.
- Strong ability to market and sell new ideas and to influence others.
Qualifications What we’re looking for:
Our interview process:
- Currently enrolled undergraduate students with a graduation date of December 2020, May 2021, December 2021 or May 2022.
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- Self-motivated and driven to get results and make an impact while utilizing strong written and verbal skills to communicate effectively.
- Availability to work a 40-hour week within standard business hours throughout the summer.
- Team oriented; develops positive relationships with coworkers and other partners involved.
- General computer and email proficiency
- Authorization to work in the US; without sponsorship as a full-time coworker.
After you submit your application, you will receive an invite via email to complete our on demand HireVue digital interview. The HireVue interview can be completed by webcam, smartphone, tablet, or anything with a forward-facing video camera attached to it. Once completed, your interview comes straight back to the hiring team here at CDW. Your HireVue is for our eyes only; your recruiter and the team you are applying to join will be the only people to view it. Be yourself, relax and have fun with it. We thank you for your patience during our review of your application and digital interview, and we will be in-touch with next steps in the process.
We are a unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers and problem solvers. Our coworkers aspire every single day to be better than they were yesterday because we know success means never being satisfied. We believe winning requires balance - a combination of assigned work and freethinking, quick wins and quick breaks. When our coworkers enjoy what they do and who they're with, they do their best work. And that means everyone wins.
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces and workspaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. Our coworkers across the globe are working together to bring technology to life for our customers. Awards and Recognitions:
- • Ranked #191 on the Fortune 500 list
- • Ranked #24 on Computerworld’s 2019 Best Places to work in IT
- • Ranked #10 on Fairygodboss’s list of the 2019 Best Companies for Women
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.