Are you looking to gain experience in the eCommerce field with a Fortune 200 company? CDW is the "real world" experience you're looking for. We want fresh, youthful minds to work (and play) with some of the smartest, most creative, hardest working people in their fields.
We have internships in two areas of eCommerce. Each is outlined below, and you only need to apply once. Alignment to a specific internship will be discussed during the interview process.Product Design Intern
As a Product Design Intern, you will assist in the design, development and maintenance of assigned digital projects while adhering to the CDW brand and guidelines. In this role, you will consider and apply technical and user needs into final design deliverables.What you’ll do:
- Translate brand and business strategies and requirements into effective, cohesive design solutions utilizing a user-centered approach.
- Use departmental-standard creative tools to express design concepts in high fidelity.
- Coordinate the rounds of revisions for assigned projects, prepare files and schedule deployments.
- Be able to iterate rapidly and create multiple solutions.
- Actively participate in design critiques, executive design reviews, studios and workshops with peers across UX and UI disciplines, as well as product management and executive leadership.
Strategy & Insights Intern
- Familiarity with interaction design, motion design, and graphic design and creates related deliverables (i.e., comps, wireframes).
- Proficiency of the latest Adobe Creative Suite along with basic proficiency in HTML and CSS.
- Experience with a variety of media and knowledge of basic design principles, layout, color theory, Interface and Web Application Development.
As a Strategy & Insights Intern, you will be responsible for helping support data analysis and insights-based reporting to allow for improved decision-making resulting in better business outcomes in eCommerce. This intern will work with analytics stakeholders, eCommerce stakeholders and the key departments to identify data-driven insights and find areas of opportunity for growth.
What you’ll do:
- Utilize Adobe Analytics, database querying, and statistical analysis to provide business support to eCommerce stakeholders, including product managers and business owners.
- Utilize data to analyze the performance of various digital marketing channels such as Search Engine Marketing and Search Engine Optimization.
- Support S&I Senior Manager to identify and conduct business opportunity analysis for business use cases.
- Provide insights into the business operations to help develop short- and long-term growth strategies.
- Work with S&I coworkers in helping implement a data-driven culture focused on continually improving the understanding of the customer within eCommerce.
- Assist in finding insights and create recommendations via written and verbal communications that can be understood by a broad audience.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to problem solve independently. Able to analyze large volumes of raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations.
- Proven ability to identify areas of opportunity for existing practices/processes and execute appropriate improvements.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
Qualifications What we’re looking for:
Our interview process:
- Currently enrolled undergraduate students with a graduation date of December 2020, May 2021, December 2021 or May 2022.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail and ability to creatively solve problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Availability to work a 40-hour week within standard business hours throughout the summer.
- Team oriented; develops positive relationships with coworkers and other partners involved.
- Authorization to work in the US; without sponsorship as a full-time coworker.
After you submit your application, you will receive an invite via email to complete our on demand HireVue digital interview. The HireVue interview can be completed by webcam, smartphone, tablet, or anything with a forward-facing video camera attached to it. Once completed, your interview comes straight back to the hiring team here at CDW. Your HireVue is for our eyes only; your recruiter and the team you are applying to join will be the only people to view it. Be yourself, relax and have fun with it. We thank you for your patience during our review of your application and digital interview, and we will be in-touch with next steps in the process. Team culture:
We are a unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers and problem solvers. Our coworkers aspire every single day to be better than they were yesterday because we know success means never being satisfied. We believe winning requires balance - a combination of assigned work and freethinking, quick wins and quick breaks. When our coworkers enjoy what they do and who they're with, they do their best work. And that means everyone wins.
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces and workspaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. Our coworkers across the globe are working together to bring technology to life for our customers.
Awards and recognitions:
- • Ranked #191 on the Fortune 500 list
- • Ranked #24 on Computerworld’s 2019 Best Places to work in IT
- • Ranked #10 on Fairygodboss’s list of the 2019 Best Companies for Women
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.