This job posting is no longer active
The Senior Drop Ship Specialist is responsible for working closely with vendor partners and our customers in ensuring that all purchase orders are processed in a timely manner and billed correctly to CDW. This role is a buyer on the Drop Ship team and is responsible for negotiating pricing with our vendor partners, buying products for specific lines, providing product requirement guidance to Sales, and following through on fulfillment of each purchase. The Senior Drop Ship Specialist is also responsible for providing training and guidance and sharing best business practices with the Drop Ship Associates and Specialists.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain a strong knowledge of CDW product lines as well as the drop ship process.
- Establish and maintain vendor partner relationships.
- Review and analyze purchase orders for the assigned product lines.
- Negotiate pricing with vendors to achieve the best pricing discount.
- Qualify or reject all purchase orders with detailed directions.
- Collaborate with vendor partners as well as Sales to make necessary changes to purchase orders to fulfill timely requests to our customers.
- Mentor and train new team members.
- Communicate department goals and objective to partners and drive change to achieve those goals.
- Resolve operational challenges by engaging the appropriate stakeholders.
- Create business cases specific to changing policies and procedures.
- Continually update the status of aging purchase orders and follow up with partners for information on scheduled shipments.
- Maintain part # information within CDW database, updating pricing and any additional product line instructions that need to be provided to Sales.
- Share best business practices.
- Explain important internal processes to our vendor partners and Account Managers.
- Collaborate with vendor partners to improve the current drop ship process.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years experience as Drop Ship Specialist, or similar type role, supporting a specific product line.
Other Required Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong customer service and creative problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build productive cross-functional relationships.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Strong organization skills with critical attention to detail.
Job Category: Procurement
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%