This job posting is no longer active
The Solution Specialist is a technical resource focused around designing solutions for a dedicated brand. This role works directly with CDW Account Managers, CDW Solution Architects and partners teaming on opportunities. The Solution Specialist manages configurations, quotes, registrations and bid process for the CDW Account Manager.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide opportunity registrations for net new opportunities and manage these registrations throughout the sales lifecycle.
- Provide solutions specific configurations for CDW Account Managers and Solution
- Architects when needed.
- Be a subject matter expert on the designated partner’s products, programs and go to market strategies and use this knowledge when recommending solutions for customers.
- Cultivate relationships with CDW sales and presales teams. Act as a liaison between CDW Sales and OEM specific solutions, programs and processes.
- Understand the market trends and specific needs of assigned segment and/or region.
- Understand the competitive landscape in assigned segment and/or region and how this relates to assigned OEM solution when designing competitive solutions to win.
- Have excellent knowledge of CDW and Partner service offerings and the SOW and configuring process of each.
- Assist CDW sales and designated partner with field alignment and account mapping within assigned territory.
- Proficient in CDW tools and process such as SPS, AS400, bid desk, returns etc.
- Maintain effective communications with all stakeholders
- Success Metrics:
- Meet or exceed designated partner revenue expectations for assigned partner and region.
- Positive feedback from assigned sales channels through bi-annual surveys
- Meeting or exceeding designated partner controllable margin expectations for assigned partner.
- Assigned regions bid pricing usage
- Obtain and facilitate necessary partner and industry certifications.
- Travel as needed
- Other special projects upon request
- Bachelor’s degree + 2 years IT experience, OR
- 6 years experience in technical sales, OR
- 4 years CDW PPM experience + 2 years experience in sales
Other Required Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, including partner, CDW, and customer executives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask.
- Demonstrated financial and business acumen.
- Ability to think strategically and analyze information
- Good knowledge of the basic IT and technology
- Strong willingness to learn
- Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years experience in Sales and/or Marketing
- Established relationships and 3+ years experience selling.
- Previous responsibility for monthly & quarterly sales targets.
- Established track record of successful quote driven sales attainment
- Outstanding phone, platform speaking and presentation ability
- Familiarity in directing and maintaining enterprise-level sales proposals and contracts
- Strong working knowledge of the assigned market with a focus on additional learning
- Relevant industry certifications
Job Category: Presales Engineering
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 10%