This job posting is no longer active
UI Product Design Team
The CDW UI Product Design team sets the creative direction for the CDW digital experiences. Our team helps drive the creation, advocacy and adoption of the CDW mobile and web products.
The Associate Product Designer is an entry level role who would assist in the
design, development and maintenance of assigned digital projects while adhering to the CDW brand and guidelines. The Associate Product Designer considers and applies technical and user needs into final designs.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Familiar with interaction design, motion design, and graphic design and creates related deliverables (comps and redlines).
- Familiar with various design modalities like Web, Email and Mobile.
- Translate brand and business strategies and requirements into effective cohesive design solutions utilizing a user-centered approach.
- Apply fundamental user interface design skills with traditional art direction skills.
- Collaborate cross functionally on projects and rollouts.
- Able to use departmental-standard creative tools to express design concepts in high fidelity.
- Able to create deliverables with guidance from others.
- Attentive to detail – terminology, appearance, OS standards, behaviors, and workflows.
- Ensure the design solutions communicates the CDW brand.
- Coordinate the rounds of revisions for assigned projects, prepare files and schedules deployments.
- Able to iterate rapidly and create multiple solutions.
- Able to set personal schedules and meet deadlines.
Learns & Follows Instructions
- Assist a senior designer to translate ideas into relevant design artifacts.
- Attends research sessions and learns about end-users.
- Learns the CDW development process for their product.
- Begins to broaden design skills and develop technical domain/product expertise.
- Seeks to understand the purpose and intent of products and projects.
- Receives guidance and direction on work.
Motivated and Positive
- Maintains an open and winning attitude.
- Able to work cooperatively and communicate effectively.
- Proactively asks for help when needed from manager, leads, and domain experts.
- Proactively seeks feedback and responds constructively.
- Bachelor's degree in human computer interaction, user experience, visual arts, graphic design or related field from a four-year university, equivalent degree from college, or 2 years of experience applying Design Thinking or combination of education, experience, & superior performance.
- 0-1 year of web or related design experience.
Other Required Qualifications
- Proficiency of the latest Adobe Creative Suite along with basic proficiency in HTML and CSS
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of media and knowledge of basic design principles, layout, color theory, Interface and Web Application Development.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to creatively problem solves
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Proven track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously and negotiating workflow, while meeting deadlines.
- A portfolio featuring examples of your design work.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies and Responsive design.
Job Category: E-Commerce
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%