This job posting is no longer active
UI Product Design Team
The CDW UI Product Design team sets the creative direction for the CDW digital experiences. Our team helps drive the creation, advocacy, and adoption of the CDW mobile and web products.
The UI Product Designer is a strong cross-functional partner who is able to take creative solutions from idea to implementation by translating user needs, business goals and technical feasibility while adhering to the CDW brand and guidelines. Above all, you approach design challenges holistically and create simple solutions for the full user journey.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Understands and advocates the role of design in the CDW product development process while championing for the needs of the user.
- Utilizes the Design Thinking process as a framework for product discovery and innovative problem solving.
- Collaborates cross functionally with internal/external stakeholders to help define, develop and deliver best-in-class experiences for CDW web and mobile products.
- Well versed with interaction design, motion design, and graphic design and creates related deliverables (comps, redlines, wireframes, etc.).
- Works closely and effectively with other designers, managers, Product Management, and Engineering.
- Actively participates in design critiques, executive design reviews, studios and workshops with peers across UX and UI disciplines, as well as product management and executive leadership.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-moving environment, juggle multiple projects, and prioritize work according to roadmap discovery and delivery schedules.
- Sketch and present UI concepts, including visual design and behaviors with paper sketches, wireframes, task/workflows, simple working prototypes, or whatever form best communicates your ideas.
- Conducts user-centered research and testing using advanced methodologies and techniques.
- Works closely with A/B testing and site analytics teams to interpret quantitative/qualitative customer data and inform thoughtful design solutions.
Bachelor's degree in human computer interaction, user experience, visual arts, graphic design or related field from a four-year university or equivalent degree from college.
2-3 years of related design experience.
Other Required Qualifications
Demonstrated experience with designing user experiences across various design modalities .
Familiar with interaction design and information architecture methods and principles
Attention to detail and ability to creatively problem solve.
Self-motivated, with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Capable of tailoring communication with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
Ability to work effectively with and support the needs of a team .
Proven track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously and negotiating workflow, while meeting deadlines.
A portfolio featuring examples of your design work.
Experience with Responsive design
Familiarity in CSS, Interface and Web Application Development
Familiarity with web standards/guidelines and designing for accessibility (WCAG 2.0)
PLEASE INCLUDE YOU PORTFOLIO
Job Category: E-Commerce
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%