Are you looking to gain experience in the Integrated Technology Solutions field with a Fortune 200 company? CDW is the "real world" experience you're looking for. We want fresh, youthful minds to work (and play) with some of the smartest, most creative, hardest working people in their fields.
We have internships in multiple areas of Integrated Technology Services. Each is outlined below, and you only need to apply once. Alignment to a specific internship will be discussed during the interview process.Configuration Services OpEx Intern
The Configurations Intern will partner with the Operational Excellence Team to identify and implement process improvements and enhance data analytics. This position will help work through Configuration deployment bottlenecks, business intelligence and application development.What you’ll do:
- Data analytics on Configurations daily output, measurement of Configurations KPIs and financials.
- Partner with Business Analyst to identify process gaps and perform process improvement analytics.
- Ad hoc SQL reporting for internal (Configurations) and external (Sales, PPM, etc.).
- Perform cost/benefit analysis and calculate ROI for short term and long-term projects.
• Currently enrolled undergraduate students with a graduation date of December 2020, May 2021, December 2021 or May 2022 studying Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, ECE (electrical/computer engineering), Business or a similar field.
• Previous SQL experience would be preferred.Configuration Services Project Management Intern
The Configuration Services Project Management Intern helps to coordinate Configuration Center projects, working with project managers and project administrators to manage customer projects as they flow through the Configuration Centers. They are involved in interaction with sales, engineers, Operations, customers and other members of cross-functional teams. Project administration and communication skills are key, but a technical background is also beneficial to manage competing interests and have a firm grasp on the solutions provided. The Configuration Services Project Team typically oversees schedules, stakeholders, risks, issues and expectations to ensure project goal attainment. What you’ll do:
Customer Helpdesk & Operations Intern
- Assist project managers with reporting, including data collection and data entry
- Dictate notes on project conference calls and send meeting minutes
- Communicate with internal stakeholders, Account Managers, customers and management
- Help coordinate resources and report on volume output and expectations
- Track, manage and report on order status for projects
The Customer Helpdesk & Operations Intern with the Enterprise Command Center Operations team, will contribute to the technical support of our system's administration experience. We will give you the opportunity to work directly with our Engineering professionals to collaborate on various projects that directly affect the business. We are looking for a dedicated, hard-working individual to assist with technical support, providing insights and ultimately support to our coworkers.
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical support for systems administration experience.
- Resolve issues in a time sensitive manner, cognizant of requisite SLA’s.
- Utilize critical attention to detail and proven creative means when problem solving.
- Place customer service focus when looking after all key players.
- Perform intermediate root cause analysis.
Qualifications What we’re looking for:
Our interview process:
- Currently enrolled undergraduate students with a graduation date of December 2020, May 2021, December 2021 or May 2022.
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- Self-motivated and driven to get results and make an impact while utilizing strong written and verbal skills to communicate effectively.
- Availability to work a 40-hour week within standard business hours throughout the summer.
- Team oriented; develops positive relationships with coworkers and other partners involved.
- General computer and email proficiency
- Authorization to work in the US; without sponsorship as a full-time coworker.
After you submit your application, you will receive an invite via email to complete our on demand HireVue digital interview. The HireVue interview can be completed by webcam, smartphone, tablet, or anything with a forward-facing video camera attached to it. Once completed, your interview comes straight back to the hiring team here at CDW. Your HireVue is for our eyes only; your recruiter and the team you are applying to join will be the only people to view it. Be yourself, relax and have fun with it. We thank you for your patience during our review of your application and digital interview, and we will be in-touch with next steps in the process. Team culture:
We are a unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers and problem solvers. Our coworkers aspire every single day to be better than they were yesterday because we know success means never being satisfied. We believe winning requires balance - a combination of assigned work and freethinking, quick wins and quick breaks. When our coworkers enjoy what they do and who they're with, they do their best work. And that means everyone wins. Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces and workspaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. Our coworkers across the globe are working together to bring technology to life for our customers.
Awards and recognitions:
- Ranked #191 on the Fortune 500 list
- Ranked #24 on Computerworld’s 2019 Best Places to work in IT
- Ranked #10 on Fairygodboss’s list of the 2019 Best Companies for Women
information in this position description is intended to convey information
about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills,
efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the
opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.