This job posting is no longer active
The Service Contract Negotiator negotiates, drafts, edits and logs statements of work (SOWs), Master Professional Services Agreements (MPSAs), and other contracts, as directed by Manager of Contracting or designated supervisor.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Drafts and edits SOWs and other contracts supporting services engagements.
- Logs SOWs and other documents in assignment database(s).
- Loads and updates SOW-related materials into SOW management sites.
- Negotiates SOWs and other contracts according to departmental negotiation guidelines and procedures.
- Provides training and advice to stakeholders and Program Sales Coworkers regarding SOW terms, SOW processing procedures, and negotiation strategies, as directed by Manager of Contracting or designated supervisor.
- Addresses other issues, as they arise, related to SOWs and services contracting.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 years of contracts-related experience
Other Required Qualifications:
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to recognize and address both business and legal risks and opportunities
- Excellent oral and written communications; facility with legal terms and phrasing
- Abilities to multi-task, to perform well under tight time constraints, to meet hard deadlines, and to respond quickly to emergent issues with poise and composure
- A diplomatic and professional approach to business contacts
- Proficiency with PC; command of MS Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and Outlook
- Juris doctorate
- 3-4 years of contracts related experience
Job Category: Sales Support General
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%