CDW’s Associate Consulting Engineer (ACE) Program is a paid 18-month, industry-leading training program for people with a passion for technology, an aptitude for problem solving, and a drive for customer loyalty. Upon successful completion of the program, Associate Consulting Engineers will become full-fledged consultants on the professional services team, responsible for implementing challenging solutions for our clients throughout the US.
This is a full time, salaried position responsible for Messaging and Mobility solutions. ACEs will focus on Messaging and Mobility technologies such as Microsoft Office 365, Azure Active Directory, and Intune. Our entry level customer facing engineering role starts with building foundational skills in Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, and Office 365, then expands focus to include emerging technologies such as Azure AD and Intune, and lastly broadening technical scope including Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS).
Key Areas of Responsibility
The Associate Consulting Engineer (ACE) is responsible for building technical and consulting skills in order to be promoted to the Consulting Engineer role within the required timeframe. As an ACE, they are responsible for the following:
- Pre-Sales – listen and observe sales activities, maintain professional demeanor in client and vendor interactions, understand the customer needs, asks appropriate questions. Provide in-depth technical expertise on specific platforms and applications supporting solution architecture.
- Planning – participate in kick off meetings. Communicate client information and requirements with the project team. Review Statement of Work (SOW), validating scope and tactical project requirements.
- Design – read design documents and contribute to the development of client solutions. Participate in joint technology design sessions, as appropriate, to provide technical analysis on implementation sequencing.
- Implementation – perform assigned engagement activities as directed, seek assistance as needed. Install, configure and test hardware and applications based on design specification, client environment and solution topology. Consider platform interoperability, equipment/OS upgrades and updates to meet agreed upon hardware standards and manufacturer/CDW best practices. Keep team members informed on assigned tasks via status reports.
- Closure – participate in post-project debrief sessions and provide knowledge transfer as appropriate.
- Operations – escalate to Engineers for your domain of expertise. Participate in remediation for post incident reviews. Recognize need for problem management and own what is needed to drive resolution, identify and recommend support process improvements. As appropriate, contribute to Wiki forums and provide feedback/questions to stimulate discussion, intellectual capital and continuous process improvement.
By joining our CDW team, you will be partnered with industry leading Engineers, Consultants and Technical Architects as colleagues to help enable your success. CDW is honored by holding the highest level of certifications and accreditations with our partners.
- Must be authorized to work for CDW in the United States; immigration sponsorship (H-1B, TN, etc.) is not currently available for this position.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license
- Bachelor degree or one of the following:
- Associate degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science, Engineering, or related technology focused concentration plus 1 year of relevant practical experience or;
- 3+ years relevant practical experience in Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Security, Active Directory, Microsoft System Center, or Azure, or;
- 1 year of relevant practical experience plus one or more applicable technology related certifications (certifications must be in active standing)
- Ability to travel up to 50% (can vary by location)
- Ability to work select weekends and/or after hours when business needs arise
- Experience configuring, developing or supporting some or all of the following; Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Security, or Active Directory
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including verbal presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- At least 1 semester or equivalent experience configuring or supporting some or all of the following; Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, or other messaging platforms
- Bachelor degree with a concentration in one or more of the following; Telecommunications, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- 2+ years relevant technical experience
- PowerShell or other scripting experience
- Strong technical problem-solving skills with step by step traits of analytical and logical thinking
- Demonstrated history of successfully learning specific technical products and certifications in a timely manner
- Professional experience to include but not limited to; requirements gathering, task execution, problem solving, sound judgment around crisis escalation and customer service
- Preferred experience will include both remote and on-site customer projects
- Experience with organizational change management techniques or business consulting.
- Successful history of being considered a dedicated team player who’s prepared to go above and beyond for the customer