The Field Solution Architect (FSA) role focuses on pre-sales solution design. This role is responsible for working with internal and external sales teams to plan and organize sales strategies. The incumbent analyzes the sales environment including customer expectations, competitive environment as well as the customer's technical environment and define actions to be performed in the sales cycle timeframe
This role will be responsible for architecting AWS solutions that are specifically focused on AWS development technologies including Infrastructure as a Services solutions and migration of applications from on premises to hybrid scenarios based on AWS . This role includes the ability to design solutions in line with CDW’s service offering around the AWS platform. AWS.The FSA develops and maintains strategic relationships with Sales Management of the teams they support and seen as a trusted advisor to grow business.
The Senior FSA is expected to be subject matter expert in multiple families of solutions.
The incumbent in this role operates independently using standard approaches, existing tools, templates, and resources; shares knowledge and information that may benefit the team.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Is able to plan, design and architect AWS IaaS based solutions for our customers.
- Is a passionate learner who demonstrates continuous learning by proactively expanding technical depth in products, solutions, and services. If pertinent, achieves certifications in advanced technologies for CDW's Partner Certification Requirements.
- Operates with the perspective and insight that business needs, not just technology, establish the limits on what can be achieved.
- Contributes to CDW’s strategy and selling motion around the AWS Marketplace and participating partners.
- Designs technical solutions using standard approaches, considering the customer’s infrastructure limitations and opportunities; analyzes, interprets, and presents assessment results.
- Determines and defines services that complement and/or round out proposed hardware and software engagements, estimates required engineer effort.
- Uses team tools, templates, resources, and processes for maximum efficiency, productivity, consistency, and high-quality execution.
- Monitor and provide market and competitive intel comparisons to Leadership
- Provides feedback to technology leaders where opportunities exist to improve offerings, design, and delivery execution.
- Position relevant SaaS and/or on-premises technologies to meet customer requirements.
- Conducts technology/solutions training for CDW audiences (e.g., Sales, Inside Solution Architects), using developed material.
- Contributes to the team’s knowledge base and readily shares knowledge with other FSAs, Inside Solution Architects, and Sales.
- Assists new team members by answering questions and sharing expertise on the tools of the job.
- Assists new hires by answering questions and sharing information.
- Follows up on implemented solutions and identifies new opportunities that complement the work that was completed.
- Researches and reviews customer profile information; applies knowledge of the vertical to develop customer intimacy prior to sales calls and/or strategy sessions.
- Uses various tools to calculate the Total Cost of Ownership and/or Return on Investment and explains to customers and Sales the business value of a solution and its benefits.
- Articulates to customers the Practice’s value proposition; articulates audience-centric version of the value proposition to customers, account managers, and partners and uses it to generate additional revenue opportunities for CDW.
- Creation of IaaS proposals, pricing estimates, and visual representations of customer requirements.
- Plans and executes events in territory by replicating plans from other successful events; secures funding to support CDW customer events; drives attendance to sponsored events.
- Leads business-focused technology solution presentations at CDW, Customer, and Partner events and meetings in your territory.
- Attend and / or facilitate technical trainings around cloud offerings and Partner conferences.
- Uses technology assessments and demos as a sales tool for furthering sales opportunities; identifies cross sell-and/or up-sell opportunities for an engagement, equips/assists FSAs and Sales to pursue it.
- Collaborates with Partners, Inside Solution Architects (ISA) and Account Executives (AE) to drive mapped opportunities; fine tunes strategies and approaches to achieve greater sales results.
- Operates in a regular cadence with multiple partners to educate, plan, and execute on joint strategies in collaboration with multiple stakeholders (ISA, AE, Sales Managers, Field Sales); understands partner alignment in geography and leads customer opportunity mapping exercises; coordinates on-site partner visits.
- Design of integrated hybrid solutions through collaboration with cross category solution architects and partner resources.
- Understands profit margin and how to increase profitability; works cooperatively with field sales to ensure healthy profitability. Leverages and maximizes partner pricing, partner registration programs, incentive programs, and special pricing, to win business and ensure healthy profitability, provides input on pricing to Account Managers, Field Sales, FSAs, and Partners to increase margin and deal size and position CDW for future opportunities; negotiates pricing with Partners.
- Influences the production of marketing-type documents and materials (e.g., presentation) to customer in territory.
- Responds to questions about partner registrations, associated registration issues, and customer engagement history.
- Prioritizes time spent on opportunities based on potential return on investment.
- Produces Bills of Materials, including product maintenance; writes Statements of Work (including work estimates), RFPs, RFIs, and proposal content.
- Maintains pre-sales pipeline data, develops plans, and takes actions to move opportunities to closure.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Five-year minimum technical pre-sales or technical architecting experience including AWS PaaS planning, design development, or deployment.
Other Required Qualifications
Carries and maintains an AWS Associate level certification
ITIL Foundation Certification (currently hold or achieve within 6 months of hire)
Stay up to date on products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature, seminars, and online training
Proven project management skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Proven success and experience selling technologies solutions and services
Acknowledge and proven success of engaging and working with sales teams
Ability to execute on territory goals and metrics
Ability to adapt and change to the business needs of the practice and team coverage model
Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, including consulting skills
Strong oral and written communication skills
Strong passion for learning and teaching others
Motivated and self-starting
Ability to think creatively and come up with proactive ideas that will increase sales
Strong problem-solving skills
Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers Obtain and maintain relevant industry standard certifications