The primary objective of the Service Desk (SD) Supervisor is to ensure an exceptional customer experience is consistently delivered in accordance to CDW Managed Services Service Desk performance and quality standards. The SD Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Event Management, Incident Management, Service Request Management, Access Management and Problem Management processes for service solutions delivered via the CDW Managed Services Service Desk.
Duties include, but are not limited to: Managing staffing for Level 1 and Level 2 Service Desk Analysts. Ensuring all incidents, tickets, calls and alerts are addressed consistent with performance and quality objectives. Ensure incident, request, problem and escalation procedures are followed. Monitor performance to ensure that incidents and service requests are triaged and resolved in a timely manner while maintaining quality standards. Maintain thorough knowledge of the team processes and identify opportunities for improvement. Partner with Customer Success Managers on status updates and customer communications.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Supervise Daily Service Desk Operations
- Coordinate with fellow Supervisors to ensure adequate staffing, shift coverage and backup support. Maintain the Service Desk calendar.
- Manage team attendance and tardiness in accordance with CDW policy.
- Set the daily objectives for the team, provide direct supervision for all personnel on shift.
- Responsible for maintaining Service Desk Wikis, SharePoint sites, and Knowledge base articles necessary to delivery consistently high-quality service solutions to customers.
Maintain Quaity Communication with Customers and Team Members
- Responsible for team achievement of professional communication standards for both tickets and calls with customers including ticket status updates and resolution notes.
- Maintain professional written and spoken communicates, status updates and presentations with external customers and internal stakeholders as required.
Performance Monitoring and Reporting
- Utilize ServiceNow dashboards/reports to assess and manage team achievement relative to performance objectives (e.g. Service Level Objectives (SLOs) / Services Level Agreements (SLAs)).
- Monitor and manage communication channels (phone/e-mail/chat/portal/customer ServiceNow) queue (participating in escalated issues as needed).
- Provide status reports on performance relative Service Level Objectives /Service Level Agreements. Identify negative trends, identify and implement corrective actions.
- Oversee technical and hierarchical escalation for incidents, requests and problems to ensure timely resolution of customer issues.
- Advise management on situations that may require additional technical support or hierarchical escalation.
- Responsible for execution of customer status updates consistent with communications standards.
- Communicate expectations for quality for tickets and calls and hold team members accountable for achieving standards.
- Regularly spot check tickets and calls to verify individual achievement of quality standards.
- Work with the Quality Assurance Manager to identify opportunities for improvement for the team and individuals on the team to achieve quality standards for tickets and call.
Continual Service Improvement (CSI)
- Proactively Identify and implement opportunities for improving the customer experience.
- Proactively identity self-healing capabilities and automation opportunities to improve productivity.
- Improve escalation processes for phone/chat/e-mail/portal to ensure timely resolution of issues.
- Participate in Post Incident Reviews (PIRs) to identify root cause of issues and prevent recurrence.
- Address Post Incident Review tasks assigned to your team with a high sense of urgency.
- When issues occur, drive ticket deep dive to determine root cause(s), identify and implement actions to prevent recurrence. Communicate findings and actions to external customers and internal stakeholders, as appropriate.
Team Motivation and Development
- Recruit, hire, on-board, coach and mentor Level 1 and Level 2 Service Desk Analysts,
- Oversee individual performance management to goals and objectives and administer compensation assessments for assigned team members
- Responsible for working with employees on Individual Development Plans for career advancement in accordance with CDW Managed Services objectives and corporate culture.
- 5 years of relevant 24x7x365 Managed Services Service Desk experience
- 2 years experience in direct personnel management (Lead, Supervisor or Manager)
- Associate Degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or other STEM field. Qualifying experience and/or technical certification (e.g. MCSE, CCNA/CCNP, RHCE, etc.) may substitute for the required education.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Solid understanding of Endpoint Management and End User Support
- ServiceNow performance analytics and reporting experience directly associated with Managed Services Service Desk operations.
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system management experience.
- Experience with Calabrio call recording system.
- ITIL V3 (or higher) Foundation Certification
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Strong, proven background in leading reporting & metrics capabilities, this includes; creating & generating base metrics from ticket systems, leveraging Excel & other tools
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a positive attitude and strong initiative to face the challenges of a very fast-paced, high-energy, yet sometimes stressful, customer-focused operations organization while maintaining composure at all times required
- Strong interpersonal, written, communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to think, work both creatively and strategically in large matrix organizations
- High organizational skills and the ability to delegate tasks efficiently
- Demonstrate strong competency in managing through system with strong ability to lead and motivate people across various levels of the organization
- Schedule flexibility with ability to work non-standard business hours and shifts
- Excellent work ethic - high output and attention to detail