The Corporate Communications and Reputation team is passionate about keeping internal and external stakeholders informed. They manage and deliver internal and external corporate communications across the enterprise, including coworker engagement, news and information sharing, community relations and corporate reputation management. This team is also responsible for building and managing CDW’s corporate citizenship agenda. This position is responsible for developing and implementing corporate communications campaigns that connect our coworkers, technology partners, media and influencers, our customers and shareholders to CDW’s vision and strategic messages. As part of the Corporate Communications and Reputation you will work with the Manager and Senior Manager of Public Relations to effectively deliver those messages using a combination of digital, social and traditional media. Reporting to the Manager of Corporate Communications, this coworker collaborates with leadership and other managers within the company, providing counsel on messaging, approach and tactics that drive line of business performance.
The Corporate Communications team is responsible for conveying CDW’s thought leadership, technology solutions and services expertise to its key external and internal audiences to achieve business goals and company brand reputation. The Program Manager position provides an opportunity for the right candidate to quickly gain broad exposure within a growing, fast-paced organization and learning opportunities across several communications disciplines. The role is responsible for developing, implementing and sustaining corporate communications and PR campaigns that connect our coworkers, technology partners, media and influencers, our customers and shareholders to CDW’s vision and strategic messages.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Communications, this highly visible role is part of a dynamic and growing team. The program manager collaborates with senior leadership and other managers from across all areas of the company in the US, UK and Canada, providing counsel on messaging, approach and tactics that ultimately drive business performance.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- PLANNING THE PROGRAM - Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in alignment with the organization’s strategy and priorities
- PLANNING THE PROGRAM - Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- PLANNING THE PROGRAM - Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program.
- PLANNING THE PROGRAM - Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the program.
- PLANNING THE PROGRAM - Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement.
- PLANNING THE PROGRAM - Develop funding proposals for the program to ensure the continuous delivery of services and support the development of department goals and plans, while tracking program success and/or suggesting corrective action based on data.
- ORGANIZING THE PROGRAM - Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization.
- ORGANIZING THE PROGRAM - Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards.
- ORGANIZING THE PROGRAM - Develop forms and records to document program activities.
- LEADING THE PROGRAM - Communicate with clients and other stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program.
- LEADING THE PROGRAM - Liaise with other managers and partners to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery.
- LEADING THE PROGRAM - Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- CONTROLLING THE PROGRAM - Write reports on the program for management and key stakeholders.
- CONTROLLING THE PROGRAM - Ensure that the program operates within the approved budget.
- CONTROLLING THE PROGRAM - Monitor and approve all budgeted program expenditures.
- CONTROLLING THE PROGRAM - Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures.
- CONTROLLING THE PROGRAM - Ensure that all financial records for the program are up to date.
- CONTROLLING THE PROGRAM - Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks.
- CONTROLLING THE PROGRAM - Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate.
- Develop and implement traditional and digital public relations and communication strategies that inform, educate and engage key stakeholders.
- Work independently and collaboratively implementing and sustaining corporate communications campaigns that connect coworkers, technology partners, media and influencers, customers and shareholders to CDW’s vision and strategic messages.
- Develop ongoing corporate communication programs using traditional and social media, and other digital platforms. Solid technical or specialty knowledge is required.
- Manage relationships with agencies and third-party service providers to achieve desired program outcomes.
- Write informative and compelling communication materials, including press releases, Connect and Spotlight blogs, talking points, company fact sheets and presentations, website copy and social media posts.
- Maintain and update executive bios and support content development for senior leadership including emails, presentations and talking points.
- Oversee and manage our daily CDW Media Watch email, digital signage calendar and creative and company intranet homepage content.
- Provide support to Community Relations team, providing strategy and execution support to organization’s non-profit stakeholders.
- Manage corporate brand reputation initiatives, including military and recruiting campaigns.
- Support partner quote, case study and press release requests.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3 years of relevant experience in corporate communications, public relations, sales or marketing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology product offerings and solutions.
- Proven record of successful project management and organizational skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with sales productivity tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the company including Senior Leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and conduct primary research; able to gather, analyze, package and make thoughtful recommendations based on insights from data.
- Experience in developing or utilizing strategic sales campaigns.
- Proven track record in developing and maintaining strategic relationships.
- Ability to multitask and be adaptable in a fast-changing environment.
- Knowledge of CDW Sales organization and Sales process.
- Previous experience working with an agency.
- Graduate degree in Integrated Marketing Communications or another communications-related area.