The Senior Internal Audit Manager of SOX will be responsible for managing the coordination and delivery of internal audit services and interfacing with coworkers, third party internal audit providers and external auditors in their delivery of services. Additionally, will be responsible for developing the team and assessing and improving existing procedures. An integral part of this role is to provide advice on internal controls to senior management and recommendations for business process enhancements.
- Primary responsibility is to execute, maintain and manage efficient US & UK SOX program and report results of SOX control testing.
- Oversee and manage completion of US and UK SOX business controls testing by third party internal audit resources.
- Validate and report SOX findings with senior leadership ensuring seamless preparation of Audit Committee and Executive Committee materials.
- Continuously improve the US & UK SOX program by leveraging technology, continuous monitoring and benchmarking of controls.
- Provide overall assurance to the VP Business Process Assurance on the effectiveness of SOX key controls and the strength of the control environment within the Company.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop, coach and mentor the assigned BPA team, ensuring coworkers are provided opportunities to grow and advance and provide the applicable feedback.
- Serve as a consultative advisor to internal stakeholders to ensure timely and consistent implementation of controls and business process enhancements.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with executives across IT, Operations and Finance to 1) ensure BPA is kept abreast of developments across the organization and 2) ensure recommendations and action items resulting from reviews are implemented seamlessly.
- Work with the business owners across various functions to recommend enhancements and prioritize new processes designed to reduce costs, increase productivity and establish best practice benchmarks.
- Coordinate and interface with external auditors to facilitate the delivery and analysis of audit information and results.
- Manage audit procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and analysis and conclude on control effectiveness and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain overall responsibility for the assigned budget and plan, ensuring resources are appropriately deployed, efficiencies are identified, and all engagements are running smoothly.
- Manage the direction of the assigned team per the VP Business Process Assurance instructions, this includes steering coworkers within the department towards common goals, providing key development and leadership opportunities and managing overall deliverables.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Information Technology.
- 10 years of experience in a combination of audit, accounting and/or finance with at least 4 years of audit experience.
- 6 years of management experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley and its application to financial reporting and business process/ operational controls.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Strong background in identifying risks, controls and opportunities for improvements associated with business processes, developing and executing audit test plans, and drafting audit reports with summary results for executives.
- Strong project management experience with history of balancing competing priorities and ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships.
- Big 4 or regional audit firm experience.
- PeopleSoft controls experience.