The Operational Internal Audit Manager will be responsible for coordinating and delivering internal audit services as part of the BPA team and interfacing with coworkers, third party internal audit providers and external auditors in their delivery of services. An integral part of this role is to provide advice on internal control to management and recommendations for business process enhancements.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Perform audit procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and analysis and conclude on control effectiveness and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Serve as a consultative advisor to internal stakeholders to ensure timely and consistent implementation of controls and business process enhancements.
- Coordinate and interface with external auditors to facilitate the delivery and analysis of audit information and results.
- Participate in enhancing internal audit standards and practices within BPA.
- Participate in Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) process and support the internal audit planning process.
- Plan, organize and execute on operational, financial, regulatory and compliance related internal audits and assessments aligned to ERM risks.
- Oversee and manage completion of internal audits by third party internal audit resources as necessary.
- Build relationships with the business owners across various functions to recommend enhancements and prioritize new processes designed to reduce costs, increase productivity and establish best practice benchmarks.
- Continuously improve internal audit procedures through technology, continuous monitoring, data analytics and use of agile methodology.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- 6 years’ experience in a combination of audit, accounting and/or finance experience, with at least 3 years of audit experience.
- 2 years of management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Strong background in identifying risks, controls and opportunities for improvements associated with business processes, developing and executing audit test plans, and drafting audit reports with summary results for executives.
- Strong project management experience with history of balancing competing priorities and ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships.
- Certification (Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or any other internal audit related certifications).
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley and its application to financial reporting and business process/operational controls.
- Public Accounting, Big 4 or regional audit firm experience.
- PeopleSoft controls experience desirable.