The CDW Corporate Strategy Group develops and drives targeted short- and long-term strategic plans and projects to optimize CDW’s market position and maximize value extraction across technologies, partners, segments, and competitors.
The Director Corporate Strategy will drive innovative strategy and corporate business development activities for CDW. Using research, developed insights, and other measurement instruments, this position develops strategies to move CDW forward into the next phase of market leadership for years to come. The role will require the use of innovation and judgment to deliver creative, impactful, data-driven programs and achieve a higher level of company growth.
The Director-Corporate Strategy (Innovation) will drive the identification and development of innovative organic investment and expansion opportunities at CDW. This leader will implement and direct the New Solutions Development Process at CDW to ensure innovation efforts are targeted at the highest yield market and strategic opportunities. This role will shape CDW's strategic vision for solution and service innovation, as well as work to deliver executable business plans against this strategy. This role works directly with senior executive and sales leadership, as well as subject matter experts alike to evolve nascent ideas into market disrupting innovations. This role reports to VP Strategy & Corporate Development.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Channel CDW’s entrepreneurial spirit into groundbreaking innovation
- Coordinate across executive leadership and sales leadership to set CDW's strategic vision for new solutions and services
- Lead CDW’s efforts at analyzing and developing insights relative to longer-term and emerging technology, service, product and business model trends in our markets
- Develop and maintain relationships with emerging business model and technology subject matter experts such as venture capitalists, our OEM Partners’ new product development teams, industry analysts and futurists
- Leverage an understanding of CDW’s markets, competitors, market trends, go-to-market strategy, internal operational structure, products/services and interrelationship of these dynamics
- Research, evaluate and propose new product offerings, new lines of business and opportunities to enhance existing lines of business.
- Oversee new innovation pitch development created in coordination with cross-functional teams (common collaborators include Sales, Integrated Technology Solutions, Marketing, Finance, PPM),
- Track, analyze and prioritize a pipeline of multiple innovation opportunities to determine the highest potential opportunities for CDW in light of these trends and industry dynamics
- Develop and implement a consistent framework for the development and implementation of business plans related to these innovative opportunities and lead the development of the business plans
- Identify, evaluate and implement potential mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, partnerships, alliances, and other relationships and business opportunities that will lead to CDW growth and achievement of financial expectations.
- Build consensus across multiple levels and functional areas within CDW
- Translate bold ideas into specific business opportunities and business models
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- 12 years of increasing experience in a combination of finance, product development, product management, marketing, strategy and/or sales in a technology-based industry
- 10 years of management experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated problem solving ability, including strong conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to turn findings into executable business plans
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with an ability to influence business decisions at all levels of the organization
- Proven experience leading cross functional teams to documented results
- Ability to manage multiple projects, manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- MBA or other advanced degree from a top tier university with a concentration in management, finance, innovation, new product development, operations management or marketing
- 5 years of experience in Management Consulting, Venture Capital, Investment Banking, Product Management, Strategy Development, or acquisition roles
- 5 years of experience in Integrated Technology Solutions Provider, Value Added Reseller or Direct Marketing Reseller
- Sound financial background with experience in financial Analysis, financial planning, operations finance, and corporate finance