This job posting is no longer active
This position collaborates with the sales management team to implement a first-class seller development program that supports CDW’s strategies and business goals. Scope includes the design, development, and implementation of training solutions for the Sales organization and participates on project teams to design, develop, and implement organizational improvement and technical solutions.
The Sr Sales Capability Consultant’s primary responsibility is to facilitate training and coaching tenured sellers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Train and facilitate sessions for all sellers, which may include, but are not limited to:
- How to Sell (sales skills)
- What to Sell (technical solutions)
- Tools to Sell (CDW systems, processes and resources)
- Managing scheduling and participant records
- Facilitating workshops in a virtual and/or in-person instructor-led classroom format and in accordance with instructional materials to include whiteboarding, group discussions and interactions transitioning between break-out groups or large group activities
- Actively participate in Sales Capability strategy projects that may be large, complex, medium-to-high risk, or highly visible.
- Provide ongoing program and feedback and communication updates to stakeholders.
- Develop, manage, and execute project management strategies to ensure effective resource allocation, commitment from project team members, timeliness, and attainment of business requirements.
- Consult and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to define business requirements and translate needs into organizational improvement solutions.
- Utilize established curriculum and develops new performance enhancing materials. Determine appropriate vehicles and delivery channels to achieve desired performance.
- Research best practices and industry trends. Identify and diagnose areas of opportunity, recommend and implement appropriate solutions that positively impact organizational effectiveness.
- Effectively measure and assess participants’ skills and client satisfaction related to provided services. Establish strategies for addressing gaps. Advise on methods and approaches to reinforce skills.
- Write recommendations and project proposals for internal executive audiences.
- Travel up to 25%. (For Illinois based positions, must be flexible to work in the Riverside and Lincolnshire offices as business dictates.)
- Mentor and coach junior team members.
- Lead the design & development and deliver instructional materials, performance improvement solutions, and/or technical learning solutions that meet business and stakeholder expectations.
- Evaluate, select, and partner with external vendors or contractors to either build or tailoring vendor materials to meet CDW-specific needs when necessary.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years’ successful selling experience, or 5 years of experience in facilitating sales training, or 5 years of combined experience in sales and sales training
- Demonstrated facilitation/communication experience with a successful track record of increasing participants’ knowledge, performance and effectiveness.
- Demonstrated project and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain productive and collaborative relationships cross-functionally.
- Aptitude for new concepts and technologies with the ability to quickly put them into practical use.
- Track record of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to stakeholders at all levels.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications.
- Success in designing and evaluating learning and performance improvement solutions.
- Working knowledge in instructional design, adult learning theories, and evaluation methodologies.
- Strong creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others.
- Must be able to facilitate classroom sessions in CDW offices across the United States.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to have regular, predictable attendance.
- Ability to talk, see, hear and use hands to operate a computer and other equipment.
- Degree focused in Business Administration, Communications, Education, Human Resources, Organizational Development, Adult Learning or Education.
- Strong knowledge of advanced sales skills and strategy.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles.
- History of working with sales organizations to increase revenue and profit performance.
- Solid knowledge of technical product categories and partners.
Job Category: Human Resources
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 25%