This job posting is no longer active
This role is required to drive revenue and margin for their product lines in collaboration with Brand Managers.
The Purchasing Team Lead acts as member of the Purchasing leadership team in partnership with the Purchasing Manager and Purchasing Supervisor to ensure proper service levels are met within in a timely manner in accordance with department policies and goals. The Team Lead will support management in training and development as required, serve as an escalation contact for the Purchasing team, and work with both internal and external stakeholders to drive business improvements.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Clarify procedures, field general questions, assists with troubleshooting requests.
Support management team with ongoing job specific development of team.
Leverage data analytics to help monitor productivity and KPI metrics that assess department and partner performance, present status updates to the management team.
Assist department leadership in reviewing inventory aging goals to optimize working capital with the buying team.
Works as a member/leader of special or ongoing projects that are important to area process improvement.
Collaborate with management and senior level coworkers to help facilitate new co-worker on-boarding and training.
Develop Purchasing training materials such as Visio process flows, PowerPoint presentations, Brainshark trainings, and policy documentation for a variety of stakeholders.
Regularly assess transactional processes and procedures. Support execution and development of departmental strategies to improve area operations and meet objectives.
Address and research escalated issues raised by internal and external partners, clearly communicate the challenge and business impacts, escalate challenges when management intervention is required.
Assist Purchasing team with workload as the business requires.
Lead by example. Model the guidelines set forth in the CDW Way and follow all CDW policies and procedures.
Extended coverage hours required at key times such as month/quarter ends.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, OR
- 3 years' experience in Purchasing, Procurement, Pricing, or related.
- Critical thinking and resourcefulness to solve problems with supply chain and inventory management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact and present to all stakeholders including executive leadership.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated price negotiation and analytical skills.
- Ability to travel when required.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Creates an approachable, friendly environment with coworkers.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment. This department requires timely resolutions as issues directly impact CDW customers.
- History of successfully role modeling and mentoring others.
- Inventory related financial acumen.
- Extensive knowledge of CDW Purchasing department.
- Training and development background.
- Previous experience working with Power BI or other data analytic tools.
Job Category: Procurement
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 10%