At CDW, data is critical to our business and our talent strategy. As part of our HRIS practice, this role supports, guides, and provides technical expertise to CDW stakeholders on HR reports, system integrations, and system issues. This role serves as a technical point-of-contact for assigned Coworker Services (HR) technologies and ensures data validity, designs, tests, and implements complex business applications within CDW’s Human Resources systems.
The Reporting & Integration Specialist specifically addresses the maintenance and reporting of our HR Data within our multi-threaded ecosystem consisting of PeopleSoft, Taleo Recruiting & Learning, as well as Cornerstone OnDemand. As a Reporting & Integration Specialist your ability to extract and analyze data while preparing it for transport or reporting will be drawn upon as you support Compensation, Organizational Development and Talent Acquisition managing complex integrations between, and maintaining reports and dashboards out of our many HR systems.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide support for all HR Systems including, but not limited to, researching and resolving problems, unexpected results or process flaws.
- Perform scheduled activities; recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Recommend process/customer service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy that must be approved by appropriate leadership prior to implementation.
- Serve as a key liaison with third party vendors & cross-functional stakeholders (e.g. payroll).
- Use project management skills in managing projects.
- May provide overall project management for a given HR initiative depending on size/scope of project.
- Develop user procedures, guidelines and documentation.
- Train HR systems users/customers on new processes/functionality.
- Train new HR system users.
- Provide help-desk functional support to end users.
Individual Professional Development
- Maintain awareness of current trends in HRMS with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies.
- Examine trends in information systems training, materials and techniques.
- Through classes, reading, CBTs or other mechanisms, continuously increase both HR knowledge and HRIS application/tools knowledge.
- Participate in external user group meetings and conferences (pre-approval may be required)
- Write, generate and maintain/support a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools.
- Assist in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs.
- Help maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
- Import and export data along with data conversions.
- Maintain/create HTML/CSS related pages and messages in the system.
- Monitor, research, and resolve ongoing Integration related activities between systems.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in MIS/Computer Science, or Business Administration or 2 years' working knowledge of HR management systems or related business management systems.
- Working knowledge of common Talent Management and core HR business practices and procedures.
- Previous experience in supporting a Cloud based SaaS HR technology environment with reports using vendor provided tools and interfaces.
- Proven analytical skills, with critical attention to detail and demonstrated creative problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to effectively document processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate to all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Proficient in writing SQL queries using SQL Server Management Studio.
- Strong understanding of PowerBI and DAX to expand our Coworker Services Data Warehouse and reporting capabilities.
- Strong understanding of HTML to be able to design pages and messages in our coworker talent systems.
- Strong understanding of API development to be able to design integrations and app interfaces between our coworker talent systems.
- Proficient in Oracle’s delivered reporting tools (Oracle Business Intelligence, PeopleSoft Query tool).
- Knowledge of Kimball Data Warehousing constructs and methodologies.