The Senior Manager of Compensation is responsible for managing the planning, philosophy, design, regulatory compliance, communication, policy development, evaluation and administration of all compensation programs at CDW. This includes (but is not limited to) Long/Short Term Incentives, Variable, Executive, Sales, and Broad-Base compensation. The manager serves the internal CWS team along with senior management regarding compensation administration and design.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assist with development, implementation and management of strategic compensation programs and solutions that align with organizational goals/objectives while ensuring cost effectiveness.
- Supervise changes in methods or procedures to streamline and automate for enhanced accuracy and efficiencies within compensation function.
- Provide leadership and oversight for complex and multi-stage compensation projects.
- Oversee the compensation and performance management programs ensuring internal equity, external competitiveness and regulatory compliance.
- Establish, implement and supervise a comprehensive and integrated sales incentive platform that supports business strategies/objectives and ensures appropriate alignment across CDW business units.
- Participate in meetings with the internal compensation committees related to Sales and Non-Sales compensation.
- Provide consultative technical expertise and guidance regarding compensation matters to executives, managers and the Coworker Services team.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships across the organization’s business units.
- Partner, facilitate and influence coordination among various stakeholders (i.e. CWS BP team, Finance, Sales, etc.) for compensation processes that have linkages to: salary planning, budget review/approvals, pay structures design, annual and variable compensation, etc.
- Manage direct reports that includes coaching, development and performance management.
- Oversee salary surveys, merit or incentive plans.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
- 7 years’ experience in compensation and/or financial analysis.
- 4 years' management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership track record of enhancing and facilitating a best-in-class team.
- Working knowledge in management compensation, variable compensation system, equity related systems, retention systems, mid-term incentive systems and fixed compensation systems.
- History of partnering with the board of directors, compensation committee, executive committee, and outside resources (i.e. associated compensation, consulting bonuses).
- Track record working in a mid to large sized company working with multiple business units and geographies.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results; previous experience should include successfully introducing and implementing processes, best practices and operational change initiatives.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and financial modeling skills, with high level of accuracy and attention to detail; position requires advanced mathematical skills, financial knowledge, excel skills and spreadsheet analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including Executive Leadership and the Board of Directors.
- Strong coaching, conflict resolutions, influencing abilities and customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to build productive working relationships cross-functionally and with external stakeholders.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- A combination of management level, corporate compensation and strategic consulting experience.
- Experience with global compensation.