This job posting is no longer active
The Sr Coworker Relations Business Partner (BP) is an integral part within the Coworker Services (HR) organization as well as an indispensable resource to the business organization it supports. This role analyzes and resolves associate relations issues such as attendance, performance management, disciplinary action, policy interpretation, compliance, coworker transitions/separations and crisis management. The Sr Coworker Relations BP will partner with the Business Partner role in the areas of change management, reporting, organizational initiatives, talent planning and business advisement.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Act as the lead in conducting internal investigations as required (i.e. harassment/discrimination allegations).
- Acts as an internal advisor and coach to provide solutions and analysis on coworker relations matters relating to the business and assigned functions.
- Manage CDW FMLA/ Leaves of absence process.
- Coaches and advises managers at all levels with respect to interpretation of corporate policy and procedures and business practices.
- Provides analysis with trends and themes associated to coworker relations issues.
- Partners with necessary stakeholders including CWS Business Partners, Legal, Ethics and Compliance, Safety and Security and other departments as needed in making advanced employee relations decisions and recommendations.
- Assists in maintaining all supporting investigation notes, statements and documentation in EthicsPoint.
- Acts as the primary interface with senior leadership on all coworker relations issues within respective functional areas
- Provides counsel and coaching to coworkers as needed.
- Uphold policies that increase retention rates and foster coworkers’ morale and engagement.
- Act as a strategic business partner to accomplish business unit initiatives and work collaboratively with other CDW departments.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years' business-facing human resources experience, but generalist experience preferred, in a population of 500+ coworkers
- Ability to research, asses and define a variety of associate relations issues and disseminate the appropriate advice.
- Strong, comprehensive knowledge of human resource policies and procedures and in employment law, EEOC, and compliance.
- Proficient with PC Skills including Microsoft Word, Power Point and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with stakeholders at all levels in a constructive, balanced and professional manner.
- Strong conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- History of analytical and project management skills.
- Proven track record of strong interpersonal skills and good judgment to manage sensitive and confidential matters.
- Demonstrated ability to balance competing priorities/projects with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines and providing high quality work and service levels.
- PeopleSoft Experience
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Intermediate to advanced level experience with Excel (e.g. v-lookup and pivot tables)
Job Category: Human Resources
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 10%