The CDW Strategy & Corporate Development Group develops and drives targeted short- and long-term strategic plans and projects to optimize CDW’s market position and maximize value extraction across technologies, partners, segments, and competitors. The team also leads the evaluation and execution of mergers and acquisitions and other corporate development opportunities consistent with our strategy.
The Sr Manager, Corporate Strategy (Corporate Development) plays a key role in driving the identification and development of in-organic investment activity such as mergers and acquisitions (M&A) as well as minority investments. This individual will lead the development of the framework for the identification, development, and evaluation of M&A opportunities along with the execution of the due diligence and pre-integration workstreams. This role will also manage the tracking and reporting on M&A pipeline activity by working with the Corporate Strategy, Insights, Sales and ITs teams. This role reports to VP Strategy & Corporate Development and will be exposed to critical projects and assignments across the Group’s other areas of focus including Strategy Planning and Execution and Innovation.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Identify and evaluate potential mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, partnerships and other business opportunities that will lead to CDW growth and achievement of financial expectations.
Manage the tracking and reporting on M&A pipeline activity
Direct the work and further develop a Corporate Strategy Analyst and other team members
Leverage an understanding of CDW’s markets, competitors, market trends, go-to-market strategy, internal operational structure, products/services and interrelationship of these dynamics.
Maintain strong relationships with Sales, Marketing, Finance ITS, PPM and provide a value-added support role in their strategic planning process and activities.
Research, analyze and recommend courses of action that directly contribute to project outcomes.
Develop response to changing partner or competitor strategies
Create deliverables for regular executive committee and board meetings.
Track and report on strategy execution by working with strategy implementation teams and report to VP Strategy & Corporate Development and the EC-level Strategy Steering Committee.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with 7 years of experience in Strategy, Finance, Consulting, Sales and/or Marketing or MBA, MA, or PHD with 4 years of managerial consulting experience or banking experience.
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated problem solving ability, including strong conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to turn findings into executable business plans.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with an ability to influence business decisions at all levels of the organization.
- Proven experience leading cross functional teams to documented results.
- Ability to multitask and adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Track record in overseeing and executing projects.
- Proficient with a variety of strategic planning concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- MBA or other advanced degree from a top tier university with a concentration in management, finance, innovation, new product development, operations management or marketing.
- 7 years of total experience including at least 3 years of experience in Management Consulting, Venture Capital, Investment Banking, Product Management, Strategy Development, or acquisition roles
- 7 years of total experience including at least 3 years of experience in Integrated Technology Solutions Provider, Value Added Reseller or Direct Marketing Reseller