This job posting is no longer active
The Senior Corporate Counsel is an integral part of the CDW legal team and a trusted business partner. This person will be part of a team that acts as business and regulatory counsel to Public Sector Sales that handles a variety of legal and regulatory matters with a focus on Federal Sales matters. The Senior Corporate Counsel provides day-to-day advice and guidance to help each Public sector business segment meet its objectives through a deep understanding of the business, knowledge of the laws and regulations applicable to that business and experience with regulatory matters and contracting applicable to each segment’s businesses.
- Provide a broad array of legal advice to all Public business segments (Healthcare, State/Local Governments, Federal Government, Education, and Federal Government (Civilian and Department of Defense) with a focus on the Federal Government business.
- Collaborate with and advise various internal clients and supporting departments, such as Finance, the Capture Team, Contract Negotiators and Program Management.
- Provide leadership and guidance to help the business unit meet its objectives through deep understanding of each business segment and the application of laws/regulations to those segments. Establish rapport and build positive, trusted working relationships with business unit management and coworkers at all levels to ensure collaboration on the proactive engagement.
- Support the business in a variety of regulatory matters, including government protests, security clearance matters and other matters related to all federal, state and local procurement matters.
- Serve as a legal-business advisor to help define the structure of complex agreements and significant solicitations or RFP’s. Provide pragmatic legal advice always managing risk through business and legal counsel.
- Demonstrate command of current and developing legal and regulatory developments impacting the segment businesses and provide practical training, communication, and advice to CDW management and coworkers regarding such developments.
- Collaborate, support and lead various Legal Department initiatives either as a result of issues arising in Public Sector or as a result of Legal Department objectives.
Education and/or Experience Profile
- JD Degree.
- Minimum 7 years of significant legal experience within a corporation or law firm.
- Licensed to practice law in Illinois, Virginia, or District of Columbia
Other Required Qualifications
- Proven success in partnering with and effectively counseling internal business clients on a wide array of matters related to doing business with or selling to federal and SLED (state, local and education) with a focus on sales to the federal government including protests. This includes experience with federal regulatory matters and familiarity with FAR/DFAR.
- Ability to work autonomously, issue spot and provide incisive, practical and business-focused advice and counsel. Ability to creatively and resourcefully problem-solve with a pragmatic orientation. Ability to balance strategic and tactical issues.
- The ability to juggle competing priorities and adjust priorities as business requires.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex legal concepts to non-lawyers and to interact with stakeholders of all levels, including senior management.
- Former Veteran/Department of Defense (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, JAG Corp.)
- Mid-level experience with government protests.
- Technology experience a plus.
- Experience with FAR/DFAR compliance.
- Experience with government and education contracting.
Job Category: Legal
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 10%