This job posting is no longer active
The Business Systems Administrator configures and maintains the enterprise contract management cloud-based software environment by identifying system requirements, configuring the requirements, changes, testing, installing upgrades, and monitoring system performance. This role works closely with the senior systems administrator to configure, test and implement changes to the software. The system admin will ensure maintenance and stability of the environment, and ensure accessibility and functionality for the user base.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide software Application support of cloud-based software to user base.
- Create testing user scripts.
- Manage cloud-based software changes and upgrades.
- Work with developers, the infrastructure team, the IT Service Desk, and/or coworkers as necessary to resolve open issues or research performance problems.
- Secure software system by developing and executing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures.
- Participate in planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of new programming; defining system and operational policies and procedures
- Participate in the gathering of system specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements.
- Participate in the analysis and resolution of business needs related to the software application.
- Provide information on monitored performance, major issues, proactive maintenance/repairs needed, etc.
- Communicate with all stakeholders when problems with major systems exist and follow-up once resolved.
- Document processes and procedures.
- Work evening and weekend hours when necessary for installations, implementations, and upgrades.
- Login capability from home to respond to any system-related problem(s).
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years software support or other relevant experience.
Other Required Qualifications
- Working knowledge of 3rd party software packages, PC hardware and software.
- Solid comprehension of networking and connectivity methodologies as they relate to hardware and software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Flexibility to work off hours and weekends as business needs dictate.
- Demonstrated process documentation ability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS.
Job Category: Corporate IT
Job Type: Full-Time