Since CDW's focus on advanced technology in 1993, we have become a proven partner to organizations in need of information technology solutions. We continue to set the standard for uncompromising client support and technical leadership, and our relationships with Cisco, Citrix, EMC, HP, IBM, Microsoft, NetApp, and VMware provide our clients with industry-leading platforms and products. Whether it is hardware, software, consulting services, or managed services, we provide knowledge, skills, and expertise through principled partnerships with our clients.
This position is a technical field sales position that works in cooperation with the sales organization to increase the revenue, margin and win rate of our technology solutions. The Business Development Architect is responsible for providing onsite technical discussions, solutions design, demonstrations and other presales
- Presales design and assist in closing hardware, software and services opportunities.
- Primary contact and sales resource for Federal CDW Field Account Executives, supporting the CDW sales teams to be highly successful selling world class solutions.
- Work with CDW Practices including Unified Communications, Security/Mobility, and Server/Storage virtualization to develop customer solutions.
- Continuous self-development to enhance skill or knowledge areas and bridge relative gaps.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Developing and executing a CDW/Partner engagement plan.
- Conduct conference calls and customer presentations as necessary.
- Responsible for all aspects of the sales cycle including, profiling, design, overcoming objections, pricing, and follow up.
- Assisting with technical and program-related presales questions.
- Educating partner sales teams on the CDW value proposition.
- Responsible for reviewing quotes and orders to minimize RMAs and identify potential add-on opportunities.
- Identification and introduction of key contacts relevant to the partner sales and marketing groups.
- Obtain relevant industry certifications and attend approved outside trainings.
- Assist in training of CDW Account Managers.
- Work with other departments at CDW to further relationships with customers, CDW, Partners, and Account Managers.
- Work with other CDW departments on the execution of specialist related orders and sales incentives
- Provide feedback to Product & Partner Management groups concerning trends and opportunities
- Work with Public Relations as a subject matter expert
- 75% Sales activities via conference calls, email, and customer visits
- 20% Training – technology and personal development
- 5% Team development and miscellaneous tasks
- Travel 75% of the time
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years of sales, solution sales, partner development experience
- Active DoD or OPM Top Secret Clearance – Current SSBI Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, including consulting skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong passion for learning and teaching others
- Proven group presentations skills
- Ability to think creatively and come up with proactive ideas that will increase sales
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers
- Concentrate on certain areas of technology driven by company technology objectives
- Experience in technology sales
- 5 Years relevant Federal presales experience
- Prior Military or Federal service
- VMware Technical Sales Professional
- NetApp Accredited Sales Professional
- EMC Velocity Sales Professional
- IBM Storage Top Gun