This job posting is no longer active
As a member of our Advisory Services organization, the Advisory Services Consultant will design and lead consultative interactions with customers, ensuring that solutions are infused with industry best practices while at the same time leveraging inherent ServiceNow capabilities. Advisory Services Consultants leverage their diverse IT and Management Consulting background and strong knowledge of industry IT trends and practices to establish a ‘trusted advisor’ relationship with customers, partners and peers within CDW. Travel is only required when supporting customer activities or onsite training.
- Work closely with a customer to understand their requirements/issues/concerns, and to map Aptris, a CDW Company, and our solutions to address those needs
- Understand business objectives, projects and problem statements of our prospects and customer
- Lead business process definition, re-engineering, and process improvement workshops during the Examine Phase of customer engagements
- Develop required documentation such as workshop agendas, workshop presentations, process design documents, use cases, workshop agenda, roles/responsibilities documents, etc.
- Identify areas of process improvement (efficiency and effectiveness) and recommend solutions that detail pros, cons and risks
- Align and represent industry practices and recommend solutions to meet business objectives.
- Define and document the impact the ServiceNow solution will have on an organization’s ability to operate and transform their business.
- Recommend metrics and KPI’s to quantify the impact of the solution and drive continual service improvement
- Deliver a roadmap to accelerate the adoption and maturity of Enterprise Service
- Management and IT Business Management
- Create and present proposals including the ServiceNow product and services
- Communicate the value of a Center of Excellence for the ServiceNow platform and how to manage platform demand from idea to implementation
- Provide thought leadership and collaborate with internal Aptris, a CDW Company, business units
- Identify, lead and contribute to the creation of best practices, white papers, workshops, etc.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of Delivery and Advisory Services processes as well as the maturing of the different portfolios, capabilities, expertise, and best practices in consideration of customer needs and requirements ▪ Ensure all time is recorded accurately and keep calendar up-to-date with scheduled activities
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- ServiceNow Pre-Sales Accreditations in IT Service Management and at least two other all product lines
- 10+ years of experience in service management, service delivery, or related field such as IT Project Management, Human Resources, Security Operations, and Customer Service Management
- Enterprise consulting experience, including implementation experience with one or more common enterprise software solutions filling positions of increasing responsibility and management of program teams
- Proven ability to communicate with all levels of the organization including executive, leadership, mid-level management, and technical levels
- Experience in leading and managing business transformation for mid- to large-sized organization with demonstrated leadership driving an organizational transformation in a matrixed organization
- Understanding and real-world application of a holistic view of maturity including: People, Process, and Product/Technology
- Proven ability to analyze, design, and optimize business processes via technology and integration
- Manage customer expectations; negotiate solutions to complex problems with both the customer and third-party partners
- Experience and demonstrated ability to promote and lead positive change in the organization
- Strong presentation skills. Able to effectively present and defend point of view to a variety of audiences
- Ability to communicate abstract concepts clearly to executive level management
- Strong organization and facilitation skills to drive the execution of customer programs and organization strategies
- Experience designing and implementing client facing solutions leveraging involving enterprise software
- Is self-motivated / self-directed – capable of multi-tasking and accepting change both in tasks and schedule
- Ability to handle and overcome objections in both a pre-sales and engagement delivery context
- Intrinsically curious and passionate about researching current and emerging trends in IT and specific industries
- Commitment to customer satisfaction and supports our brand promise and guarantee to always “make it right”
- ITIL 2011 Foundation Certification required. ITIL Practitioner or Service Manager Certification preferred. Experience with other frameworks such as IT4IT, DevOps an advantage.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
- Degree or equivalent, preferably in Computer Science or Information Technology, and proven experience in technical consulting roles.
Job Category: Engineering General
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 50%