Next Generation Enterprise Network (NGEN) Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) is one the largest IT services program for the Navy and U.S. Marine Corps (USMC), supporting approximately 400,000 seats around the world. Under SMIT, the SMIT contractor will provide enterprise services to the Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN), Navy-Marine Corps Internet (NMCI), and OCONUS Navy Enterprise Network (ONE-Net) including transport, datacenter, network operations, service desk, cybersecurity, and managed services. CDW-G will be supporting the SMIT contractor in several of these service areas.
The Enterprise Service Desk Manager is designed to interface with service desk agents, field system administrators, and technical and executive stakeholders. They will provide leadership and accountability during critical, business-impacting outages and incidents within our customers’ IT environment. You are responsible for providing high-level, timely and technical communication to key stakeholders, allowing the team to remain focused and on task, and maintaining ticket documentation and response timelines with the goal of driving rapid resolution of the issue.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Drive resolution of operating issues and major internal and customer incidents and outages, including service-level degradation and breach of customer Service Level Agreements (SLAs), in timely manner
- Manages all recovery efforts and owns customer satisfaction outcomes
- Prepares and owns incident notifications to CDW internal and customer stakeholders, including incident summaries and root cause analyses
- Works with Incident Management, Field support, and Customer Success teams using ITIL standards to maintain adherence to the Incident Management Process
- Directs and coordinates cross-functional teams and debriefs senior management following predefined policies, procedures, status updates and Post Incident Reviews
- Ensures standardized methods and procedures are followed for response, analysis, documentation, ongoing management and reporting of incidents
- Documents known errors and lessons learned for more efficient resolution of future incidents
- Drives the efficiency and effectiveness of the Incident Management Process, providing feedback for continuous improvement
- Works jointly with Quality team to execute the Post Incident Review process, and assists in driving resolution of action items resulting from said review
Qualifications Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Associates or higher degree from recognized college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Two (2) years of relevant incident or crisis management experience with demonstrated record of success and increasing responsibility
- ACTIVE SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional leadership ability - must be able to effectively manage a critical incident response team in a high-paced, high -pressure outage scenario
- Experience working with ITIL best practices for Incident, Problem, Change, Document and Service Management
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment across time zones
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize. Ability to apply common sense in performing job.
- Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Four (4) years relevant incident or crisis management experience
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- Experience with ServiceNow ITSM system
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience in Industry