Next Generation Enterprise Network (NGEN) Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) is one the largest IT services program for the Navy and U.S. Marine Corps (USMC), supporting approximately 400,000 seats around the world. Under SMIT, the SMIT contractor will provide enterprise services to the Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN), Navy-Marine Corps Internet (NMCI), and OCONUS Navy Enterprise Network (ONE-Net) including transport, datacenter, network operations, service desk, cybersecurity, and managed services. CDW-G will be supporting the SMIT contractor in several of these service areas.
This position provides high-quality, proactive and cost-effective contract review and negotiation. Supervises members of the Federal Contracts Team participating in the negotiation of contracts developing documents and procedures.Key Areas of Responsibility
- Reviews, drafts and negotiates various corporate contracts, such as master services, software licenses, subcontractor, nondisclosure, marketing, distributor, reseller, purchasing, consulting and event agreements.
- Manages standardization of reviews across business segments and smooth flow and even distribution of work
- Participates in risk management teams that formulate and update contracting procedures and contracting tools
- Assists Senior Counsel in the development of standardized legal documents, such as terms and conditions of sale, reseller and distributor agreements, and non-disclosure agreements, for use between the Corporation and its clients.
- Establishing and monitoring team metrics and goals
- Provide program management support for special contract vehicles to ensure compliance, minimize risk, and maximize contract revenue and profitability.
- Responsible for a full range of contracts which face customers and/or partners (E.g., Master Purchase Agreements, Subcontractor Agreements, Teaming Agreements, Referral Agreements, and others).
- Provide training to department members and sales. Updating CDW-G and government websites in accordance with government service level requirements.
- Initiate and respond to requests for contract changes, product substitutions and/or technical refreshments.
- Draft appropriate amendments and other contract documents throughout the contract life-cycle.
- Monitor delivery and other key elements of CDW and subcontractor performance while coordinating with other CDW departments to ensure that contract requirements are satisfied (i.e pricing, scope and reporting).
- Develop and manage technology improvement strategies while maintaining backward compatibility with user-installed base.
- Ensure CDW is compliant with all applicable laws, regulations and provisions.
- Negotiate with clients and suppliers to achieve best possible terms for CDW.
- Identify and record key contract components within a specialized database(s), update database(s) as changes occur, and communicate said changes within the company.
- Facilitate preliminary dispute resolution and coordinate with the CDW Legal department as necessary, to maintain customer satisfaction and bring prompt closure to certain contract disputes and audits.
- Aid in the development and be an active Subject Matter Expert for Contract Marketing.
- Make recommendations regarding the pursuit and discontinuance of transactional and contractual relationships, including associated subcontracts and prime contracts, and manage and terminates them, as necessary.
- If applicable, supervise, coach and develop one or more coworkers supporting the portfolio of contracts. Review prepared reports, provide assignment and instruction for daily activities.
- Provide direction and review of technical solutions of projects while assisting in the development of project plans, staffing plans, and management plans.
- Ensure price and supply agreements are in place from award through completion.
- Review order configuration and resolve issues.
- Prepare contract deliverable reports, keeps abreast of contractual terms and conditions while assisting in the preparation of contract modifications for price reductions, additions, discontinuances and replacements of product, as well as version changes.
- Engages with leadership and stakeholders to maximize business value and minimize risk
- Assists with Program Sales’ development of standardized legal documents and contract-related templates for use between CDW and its customers and providers.
- Seeks new business opportunities; reviews solicitations and evaluates them
- Works with other CDW departments to resolve issues.
- Establishing and monitoring team metrics and goals
Other Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and Juris Doctor or MBA
- Five years of business and/or legal experience with mastery of contract drafting and negotiation
- Proven leadership ability
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with a comprehensive command of legal terms and phrasing
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to recognize and address both business and legal risks and opportunities
- Abilities to multi-task, to perform well under tight time constraints, to meet hard deadlines, and to respond quickly to emergent issues with poise and composure
- A diplomatic and professional approach to business contacts
- Proficiency with PC and command of Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and Outlook
Who we are
- Eight years of business and/or legal experience with mastery of contract drafting and negotiation
- Three years previous supervisory or management experience
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. A unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers and problem solvers, we believe when you enjoy what you do and who you do it with, you do your best work. And that means everyone wins.Awards and Recognitions
- #178 on the Fortune 500 list
- #81 on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work
- 2020 Best of the Best Top Veteran Friendly Companies by US Veterans Magazine
- 2020 Military Friendly Employer by Viqtory
- 2019 Best for Vets Employer by Military Times
- Fortune’s Future 50, an index that evaluates the long-term growth prospects of major public companies
CDW offers a variety of benefits, perks and development programs that enable coworkers to perform at their best personally and professionally. We understand the importance of work/life harmony and strive to help our coworkers achieve it. Core benefits include:
- Comprehensive package: healthcare, dental, vision, paid vacation time and sick days
- Coworker stock purchase program
- Coworker discounted purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement for those wishing to further their education