Next Generation Enterprise Network (NGEN) Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) is one the largest IT services program for the Navy and U.S. Marine Corps (USMC), supporting approximately 400,000 seats around the world. Under SMIT, the SMIT contractor will provide enterprise services to the Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN), Navy-Marine Corps Internet (NMCI), and OCONUS Navy Enterprise Network (ONE-Net) including transport, datacenter, network operations, service desk, cybersecurity, and managed services. CDW-G will be supporting the SMIT contractor in several of these service areas.
The ITSM (Information Technology Managed Services) Junior Analyst will maintain knowledge of IT infrastructure components, function, and hierarchy across technologies. Define and guide, in coordination with the government, the implementation of IT service management policy, process, procedures, work instructions and tools.
- Conduct improvement and maturation activities for IT service management policy, process, procedures, work instructions and tools.
- Provide subject matter expertise for process integration and automation opportunities. Support process adoption and compliance through communication and training.
- Gather requirements from service owners and process owners/communities for reporting, metrics, and automation.
- Use the process, procedures, work instructions, policies, required documentation, and tools as designed.
- Recommend any improvements regarding processes, reporting, communication, training, and tools. Provide support and help to service owners with a view to continuously improving service quality.
- Strong analytical skills leveraging infrastructure knowledge and IT experience to analyze upcoming changes for conflicts/impacts/potential problems.
- Present ITSM information to senior management through a variety of methods (reports, papers, briefs, presentations, etc.).
- Provides thought leadership for the organizational understanding of ITSM concepts, including but not limited to CI and service classifications.
- Leads organizational change management initiatives in support of ITSM objectives. Lead, facilitate, and motivate cross- functional teams and global forums.
- Experience with documentation and training and the ability to provide ITSM process training.
- Experience in facilitating assessment and internal/external audits.
- Must possess Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 Expert or Master level certification.
Who we are
- Secret Clearance is Required
- Bachelor degree in business or computer related field or equivalent experience
- ITIL Certification
- One to three years of experience in delivery of Infrastructure Project Management
- Working knowledge of one or more formal project management methodologies including at least one that is iterative (non-waterfall)
- Must be proficient in solving business problems, applying technology and frameworks and be capable of demonstrating proficiencies in Enterprise IT infrastructure issues
- Understands the core level technologies within one practice, i.e. Unified Communications
- Working knowledge of the cost, timeline, and resources necessary in deploying technology solutions
- A professional, customer-focused attitude and courteous manner towards clients, partners and peers is a must
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills including demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations from a business perspective
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% or as needed to other CDW locations, meetings and client sites
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information. Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize. Ability to apply common sense in performing job. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines.
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. A unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers and problem solvers, we believe when you enjoy what you do and who you do it with, you do your best work. And that means everyone wins.Awards and Recognitions
- #178 on the Fortune 500 list
- #81 on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work
- 2020 Best of the Best Top Veteran Friendly Companies by US Veterans Magazine
- 2020 Military Friendly Employer by Viqtory
- 2019 Best for Vets Employer by Military Times
- Fortune’s Future 50, an index that evaluates the long-term growth prospects of major public companies
CDW offers a variety of benefits, perks and development programs that enable coworkers to perform at their best personally and professionally. We understand the importance of work/life harmony and strive to help our coworkers achieve it. Core benefits include:
- Comprehensive package: healthcare, dental, vision, paid vacation time and sick days
- Coworker stock purchase program
- Coworker discounted purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement for those wishing to further their education