Generation Enterprise Network (NGEN) Service Management, Integration, and
Transport (SMIT) is one the largest IT services program for the Navy and U.S.
Marine Corps (USMC), supporting approximately 400,000 seats around the world.
Under SMIT, the SMIT contractor will provide enterprise services to the Marine
Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN), Navy-Marine Corps Internet (NMCI), and OCONUS
Navy Enterprise Network (ONE-Net) including transport, datacenter, network
operations, service desk, cybersecurity, and managed services. CDW-G will be
supporting the SMIT contractor in several of these service areas.
The Senior Application Developer supports
business process through technology solutions. The purpose of the role is to
develop business software solutions for complex and large-scale projects
through object and data modeling, database design, programming, quality
assurance, and implementation support. The Senior Application Developer
participates in application standards development and serves as an evangelist
for best practices in development.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Collaborate with business teams
to clarify requirements and business needs.
- Develop system applications to
CDW coding standards and quality.
- Technically manage complex and
large-scale project efforts in development, maintenance and enhancements
of business system applications.
- Collaborate with other
developers to determine the optimal solution architecture to ensure
application efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
- Collaborate with business teams
to develop high-level system narratives, storyboards, and user interface
- Develop system test plans,
ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and
validate that business goals are accomplished.
- Complete projects/tasks on a
timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and
- Proactively update stakeholders
and maintain open and courteous communication.
- Report project/task status to
the appropriate Application Development Manager on a weekly basis.
- Utilize an object-oriented
software lifecycle methodology.
- Serve as a mentor/technical
resource for Application Developers.
· Developer is responsible for internal application development and
Level 3 Production Support.
- Fulfill Enterprise Service Desk
and BMC Incident requests, and work with the customer to help implement
ITSM Remedy Version 8.1 or greater
- Using BMC Remedy Developer
Studio to customize forms, fields, overlay, workflows and related system
components in accordance with project requirements
- Experienced in Designing
Service Catalogue/Services using SRM processes (AOT/PDT/SRD)
- Hands on Designing Server
Group, Failover, operation Ranking at architecture level
- Perform application upgrades,
including installing up to date patches and service packs to maintain the
system to supported versions
- Monitor operations and system
performance of the ITSM Remedy Application suite
- Work with network, server, and
database support groups to troubleshoot and define performance based on
industry standard and vendor best practice
- Extract and import foundational
data as needed in support of ITSM application modules e.g.
- Incident, Change, Problem, SRM,
- Must be able to develop and
implement roll-back and backup plans
- Provide ITSM product support to
users using the Remedy Application Suite
- Maintain all environments: DEV,
TEST and Production running efficiently
formal code development, migration and Change Management processes
and/or Experience Qualifications
- 7 years in application
development, or 5 years CDW Application Development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer
Science, or equivalent IT knowledge/experience
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- 3+ years Development BMC ITSM
Remedy Software modules (e.g., Incident, Problem, Change, Asset, SRM, BMC
MyIT, RKM, SLM) in version 8.1 or greater
- Experience with Microsoft
Windows Server, HTML, Web Services, Microsoft IIS. Apache Tomcat,
Oracle/SQL JAVA, HTML, XML, ARS
- Expertise in the appropriate
technical language as aligned under required qualifications below.
- Demonstrated ability to
understand and articulate details and impacts of complex proposed software
- Demonstrated ability to mentor
and coach others.
- Proven knowledge in all stages
of the software development life cycle.
- History of working
independently with little direction.
- Strong planning and
organizational skills with critical attention to detail and creative
- Track record of balancing
multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the
changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal
communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all
stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in
the software development process and creative problem-solving skills.