This job posting is no longer active
CDW’s vision is to be the best national provider of Integrated Technology Solutions. We’ll achieve this reputation by continuing to delight our customers and being the employer of choice for Advanced Technology Solutions. Senior Consulting Engineers at CDW are smart, hard-working Engineers who enjoy teaming with other best and brightest Engineers on highly visible, technically challenging projects and offerings. We’re looking for high-caliber, well-rounded professionals who are passionate about emerging technology, projects and consulting.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Perform client consultation: planning, design, and implementation of Microsoft infrastructure and related hardware
- Develop and implement the technical architecture and physical design of the network: analyze existing voice and data networks and recommend solutions
- Follow life-cycle oriented processes and procedures
- Troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and provide solutions to complex hardware/software problems
- Assist in the management of projects using CDW's project management methodology
- Regularly interface with technical and business staff of customers, including the project sponsor and stakeholders of projects in more complex engagements
- Serve as technical point of contact on customer engagements
- Create and execute test plans to meet project requirements for assigned components
- Identify and communicate potential opportunities for cross-selling to the sales team
- Manage time and expense to meet or exceed expectations defined in the Statement of Work
- Provide high quality content deliverables using the appropriate document templates
- Ensure solution is implemented as designed to the customer’s satisfaction and approval
- Work with Professional Services Managers, ATAE's, Project Managers and customers to manage expectations and timelines to ensure expectations and commitments are being met
- Conducts/leads design workshops for complex designs to meet customer, business and technical objectives
- Proactively develops plans and activities to avoid problems
- Educates the customer on solution as appropriate throughout the life of the project or service life
- Bachelor degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent
- Five years’ experience delivering complex technical solutions including planning, development, implementation and support
Other Required Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years consulting experience
- Expert knowledge of Office 365
- Expert knowledge of Lync 2013/Skype for Business with Enterprise Voice/Phone System and/or Microsoft Teams with Voice.
- Understanding of Windows 2008/2012/2016 Server/AD domain infrastructure
- 7+ years direct experience with deploying and managing Microsoft technologies 3+ years of Lync 2013/Skype for Business/Teams experience on enterprise initiatives
- Ability to understand, assess and propose solutions for resolving customer questions and issues.
- Proven experience as a technical thought-leader: invents new technologies, applications of technology, or ways to synthesize technologies and domain understanding to forge new market opportunities.
- Proven project oversight responsibilities and mentoring of technical teams/consultants.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills including demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations from a business perspective to c-level executives.
- Professional, business-focused attitude and courteous manner towards clients, partners and peers.
- Ability to travel average of 50%
- Physically able to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment.
- Attention to detail on inventory and logistics is important
- MCSE: Productivity including the following exams:
- Certified in Skype for Business having passed the following exams 70-333 and 70-334
- Certified in Office 365 having passed the following exams 70-346 and 70-347
- Experience designing, deploying, troubleshooting, and provisioning Office 365 Services including:
- Skype for Business Online
- Microsoft Teams
- Exchange Online
- Working knowledge of Microsoft's Adaption strategy
- Experience integrating with and deploying:
- Polycom video
- Ribbon Communications
Job Category: Delivery Engineering
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 25%