Next Generation Enterprise Network (NGEN) Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) is one the largest IT services program for the Navy and U.S. Marine Corps (USMC), supporting approximately 400,000 seats around the world. Under SMIT, the SMIT contractor will provide enterprise services to the Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN), Navy-Marine Corps Internet (NMCI), and OCONUS Navy Enterprise Network (ONE-Net) including transport, datacenter, network operations, service desk, cybersecurity, and managed services. CDW-G will be supporting the SMIT contractor in several of these service areas.
The Enterprise Architect is responsible for development of complex business applications in a software engineering environment. This role acts as a liaison between the technical teams and business stakeholders to facilitate, conceptualize and define systems solutions while ensuring the solutions are aligned with the system architecture Key Areas of Responsibility
- Determine work requirements, priorities, and best use of resources for development projects as well as for unplanned incidents.
- Participate in the planning and prioritization of multiple projects and in the application architecture planning, including system partitioning and framework design.
- Create/review detailed estimates for projects, including resource allocation, timelines, and budget.
- Review technical decisions to ensure they meet designated design goals.
- Develop solutions to CDW standards and quality.
- Develop and mentor the team through coaching, feedback and performance conversations.
- Act as the lead to assist with the technological direction of the team.
- Collaborate with various business teams to clarify requirements and business needs.
- Participate in the planning; prioritization and resource allocation for manage workflow and projects.
- Participate in application architecture and framework design.
- Make technical decisions to meet the design goals articulated in product road map
- Serve as primary technical point-of-contact for projects and as the face of the development team to the customer
- Define, at an architectural and design level of detail, technical solutions aligned with our client’s business problems
- Understand customer requirements, translate to solutions, and communicate to clients
- Work collaboratively to monitor for scope creep and resolve critical path technical issues and challenges
- Maintain expert knowledge of the tools, platforms and products
- Ensure all time is recorded accurately and keep calendar up-to-date with scheduled activities
- Participate in solution design and development by actively designing and architecting software solutions.
- Maintain an understanding of all systems that comprise CDW core platforms; build collaborative relationships with other development teams.
- Participate in the definition and adoption of coding and integration standards and best practices.
Qualifications Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS, or equivalent knowledge/experience.
- 8 years in application development.
- 2 years of experience in development leadership
Who we are
- Secret Level or higher security clearance
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and Agile practices
- Experience in lead roles on reporting teams and managing implementation projects
- Experience with the product life cycle and strong understanding of the role of methodology.
- Working knowledge of business functions and a successful history of solution implementation.
- Solid experience using software design support tools and productivity suites such as Microsoft Visio, Office, and Project.
- Highly proficient using the Windows Operating System.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Solid business and technical acumen.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Experience in teaching and/or mentoring professionals.
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills.
- 5 years’ experience as an enterprise or solution architect.
- 10 years’ experience in the software or IT industry.
- Proven consulting experience as a key technical resource leading the development and delivery of ITSM solutions in client environments
- Experience implementing systems using the Agile/Scrum methodology
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) while providing thought leadership in solving business processes and/or technical problems and relay that in English and not just IT jargon
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, customer centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
- Degree or equivalent, preferably in Computer Science or Information Technology, and proven experience in technical consulting roles.
- Strong ownership, accountability, and attention to detail in all work efforts
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. A unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers and problem solvers, we believe when you enjoy what you do and who you do it with, you do your best work. And that means everyone wins.Awards and recognitions
- #178 on the Fortune 500 list
- #81 on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work
- 2020 Best of the Best Top Veteran Friendly Companies by US Veterans Magazine
- 2020 Military Friendly Employer by Viqtory
- 2019 Best for Vets Employer by Military Times
- Fortune’s Future 50, an index that evaluates the long-term growth prospects of major public companies
CDW offers a variety of benefits, perks and development programs that enable coworkers to perform at their best personally and professionally. We understand the importance of work/life harmony and strive to help our coworkers achieve it. Core benefits include:
- Comprehensive package: healthcare, dental, vision, paid vacation time and sick days
- Coworker stock purchase program
- Coworker discounted purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement for those wishing to further their education