As a member of our Delivery Services organization, the Solution Architect position is a technical role responsible for providing guidance and consulting on client facing solutions leveraging the ServiceNow platform. The Solution Architect contributes to the structuring and implementation of solutions and takes overall ownership for the quality of the technical requirements delivered to the customer on the ServiceNow platform.
This position can be located in our home office in Rockford, IL or can be home-based. Travel is only required when supporting customer activities or onsite training.
The ServiceNow Solution Architect reports to the Manager of Technical Services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Pre-Sales team with scoping service engagements typically involving multiple ServiceNow products and complex integrations with client applications/systems
- Serve as primary technical point-of-contact for projects and as the face of the development team to the customer
- Define, at an architectural and design level of detail, technical solutions aligned with our client’s business problems and ServiceNow Implementation Best Practices
- Understand customer requirements, translate to solutions, and communicate to clients
- Write/estimate Stories, monitor Developer’s work, and own overall quality and delivery of development; may perform a portion of development on Stories that cannot be delegated
- Responsible for Sprint demos and delivery of additional development artifacts, documentation, and knowledge transfer activities if purchased by the client
- Work collaboratively with Engagement Manager to monitor for scope creep and resolve critical path technical issues and challenges
- Help mentor Developers and Technical Consultants in relation to technical design standards and implementation of best practices
- Maintain proficient knowledge of the ServiceNow platform and products via webinars, case study, training, and all other resources available
- Perform research into technology partner or other vendor solutions in context of client requirements for integration
- Contribute to the continual improvement of Delivery Services processes as well as the maturing of the different portfolios, capabilities, expertise, and best practices in consideration of customer needs and requirements
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other members of the team
- Ensure all time is recorded accurately and keep calendar up-to-date with scheduled activities
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Maintain the CDW image at all times
- Communicate and demonstrate CDW attention to detail and client satisfaction
- Always be punctual, approachable, efficient, professional, and knowledgeable
- Manage client expectations (customer service)
- Communicate relevant information to clients, technicians, and management
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Portray a positive, professional image through business-casual dress
- Close working relationships with clients through telephone, email, web conferencing, and in person
- Close working relationships with other Consultants, Developers, Engagement Managers, and Account Representatives within CDW
- Promote positive relationships with employees to support employee retention
- Required to contact vendors on occasion
- Proven consulting experience as a key technical resource leading the development and delivery of ITSM solutions in client environments
- 5+ years working on the ServiceNow platform
- ServiceNow Pre-Sales Accreditations in all product lines
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator (CSA)
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist for ITSM (CIS-ITSM)
- ServiceNow Certified application Developer (CAD) preferred
- Knowledge of ITIL, minimum Foundation level, ideally higher.
- Additional experience in one of the following product lines: CSM, HR, ITBM, ITOM, Performance Analytics, SecOps, or Software Asset Mgmt.
- Fundamental understanding of the key technologies relevant to the ServiceNow integration solutions including: SSO, SAML, SSL, Web Services, LDAP, JDBC, ODBC, REST, SCP, FTPS
- Experience with scripting in the ServiceNow platform using JS: Business Rules, Client Scripts, UI Actions, UI Pages, Angular JS, Jelly, etc.
- Experience implementing systems using the Agile/Scrum methodology
- Active listening skills, respecting others' point of view and takes ownership of contributing the required input while demonstrating strong communication skills (written, interpersonal, and presentational)
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) while providing assistance in solving business processes and/or technical problems and relay that in English and not just IT jargon
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, customer centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Proven team player and team builder
- Ownership, accountability, and attention to detail in all work efforts
- Maturity, professionalism, and judgment; ability to excel with minimum supervision
- Commitment to customer satisfaction and supports our brand promise and guarantee to always “make it right”
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
- Degree or equivalent, preferably in Computer Science or Information Technology, and proven experience in technical consulting roles