Next Generation Enterprise Network (NGEN) Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) is one the largest IT services program for the Navy and U.S. Marine Corps (USMC), supporting approximately 400,000 seats around the world. Under SMIT, the SMIT contractor will provide enterprise services to the Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN), Navy-Marine Corps Internet (NMCI), and OCONUS Navy Enterprise Network (ONE-Net) including transport, datacenter, network operations, service desk, cybersecurity, and managed services. CDW-G will be supporting the SMIT contractor in several of these service areas.
The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for the development, delivery, and management of strategic solutions and programs across CDWG business segments. Independently manages projects or programs. Owns all aspects of a product or service offering for a client, from inception to installation. Integrally involved in interaction with sales, consultants, stakeholders and other members of cross-functional teams. Projects are typically of high complexity or risk and have high visibility in the client or CDWG organization. A Sr. Project Manager will often work on projects consisting of emerging and/or highly customized technology. Work with enterprise or strategic clients that will often have strict constraints on one or more of the project components. This position often works with mixed teams with multiple practice/solution areas and complex systems integration which could include multiple Service areas and third-party vendors. The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for leading within the associated program or projects. The CDWG Sr. Project Manager acts as project advocate ensuring success for all stakeholders by driving for results, making the tough call, and building strong relationships with project stakeholders.
Responsibility for delighting customers
The CDWG Engagement Methodology and the CDWG Operations Framework define standards to deliver projects and hosting and managed services that will delight our customers. Here are some of the roles that Senior Project Managers play in the Methodology and Framework.
- Understand the product/solution strategy being proposed.
- Seek out opportunities for cross-selling additional products and services.
- Participates in pre-sales activities
- Contributes to and reviews Statements of Work.
- Advocates for the value and benefit of our Engagement Methodology.
- Assists sales staff with complex or advanced technology conversations or presentations.
- Participates in pre-sales activity in a supporting role to the solution architects.
- Reviews deviations from current solutions/offerings to provide input into content for proposals and Statements of Work.
- Acts as a consultant to the Account Executive on sales opportunities for a program client.
- Conducts weekly reviews and updates of project scorecards and reviews and approves project time on schedule.
- Owns financial performance (budget to actual, hours remaining, expenses, etc.) Accountable for projects' profit and loss.
- Determines the appropriate documentation (communication plans, schedules/timelines, status reports, quality plan, closure summary, budget, risk plan, etc.) for projects. Manages the quality and delivery of documentation to clients.
- Owns change order process including determining the need for a new Statement of Work versus a Change Order.
- Manages project procurement and adjusts schedules as necessary.
- Ensure that projects adhere to quality control standards such as project change orders, reporting and issues tracking.
- Contributes to setting the direction for the project management discipline at CDWG by refining templates, tools and materials.
- Facilitates the sharing of information across the project management team (information from conferences, best practices research, lessons learned from experience, training seminars, etc.) by building tools/sites, creating webinars and wikis, organizing ad hoc meetings, etc.
- Coaches Project Managers in developing project management skills.
The practices that Senior Project Managers will apply to successfully deliver project for our customer:
- Negotiates changes (cost, scope, effort, schedule solution, resource commitment, etc.) to agreeable result.
- Capable of independently negotiating in difficult circumstances without assistance.
- Prepares and presents formal and informal presentations to clients, project team and groups outside the company in an interactive format or lecture style. Comfortable with longer presentations on complex topics to larger audiences.
- Prepares and presents formal presentations at executive briefings.
- Responsibility for building employer of choice reputation
- Problem Solving & Decision Making - work with team members to gather information and determine possible/probable impacts to the project, document mitigation steps taken in troubleshooting and communicate these to the team and customer.
- Documentation and Deliverables - manage clear, concise deliverables utilizing the appropriate document templates
- Knowledge Sharing and Training - Conducts formal training for CDWG classes (e.g. Engagement Methodology and company-wide project management workshops) for all types of audiences. Proactively facilitates the sharing of information (information from conferences, best practices research, lessons learned from experience, training seminars, etc.) across the project management team.
- Independently manages project and applies Engagement Methodology.
- Sharing knowledge and being a champion for the project management discipline
- Stay abreast of industry best practices.
- Evaluate customer "wins" to identify and promote best practices
Qualifications Minimum Basic Qualifications
- Active Secret Clearance Required
- Bachelor degree in business or computer related field or equivalent experience.
- Six to nine years experience in delivering quality Infrastructure Project Management.
- Three or more years experience in leading significant Microsoft or Advanced Technology projects across all solution areas.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, lead, build teams, and recommend business strategies.
- Working knowledge of one or more formal project management methodologies including at least one that is iterative (non-waterfall).
- Understands ITIL Framework
- Must be proficient in solving business problems, applying technology and frameworks and be capable of demonstrating proficiencies in Enterprise IT infrastructure solution issues.
- Has significant successful experience in leading projects involving multiple technologies or large and complex implementations.
- Working knowledge of the cost, timeline, and resources necessary in deploying technology solutions.
- A professional, customer-focused attitude and courteous manner towards clients, partners and peers.
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills including demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations from a business perspective.
- PMP certification preferred.