The ServiceNow Senior Business Analyst serves as a translator between technical teams and the customer’s business community to collect, clarify, analyze and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design from which ServiceNow solutions are developed. This position works with the ServiceNow Solution Architect to ensure the solution is technically feasible, identifies areas to reduce implementation efforts, defines detailed stories with acceptance criteria, and works within the context of an agile/scrum development framework.
This position will be working directly with customer and coworkers and must be able to communicate effectively via phone and web conferencing as many of customers and coworkers work remotely.
In addition to supporting all phases of the project, this position may also be responsible for authoring content and peer-reviewing a wide array of documents, including functional, technical, training as well as marketing, and proposals.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Develop a thorough understanding of the customer’s requirements and assist the project team in applying industry best practices and detailed knowledge of ServiceNow to help design an optimal solution that supports the business process that meets or exceeds functional requirements
Assist the technical team in translating application functionality into application architecture and the production of a business functionality requirements statement
Document workflows and results of business analysis
Write stories, with acceptance criteria and functional test, in accordance to agile best practice guidelines
Perform functional test on each story configured
Assist in quality management reviews and ensures that all business and design requirements are met
May also assist and lead test plan development and execution
May also assist and develop and deliver end-user training
Support Organizational Change Management (OCM) efforts by providing information on the “to be” solution.
Develop strong internal relationships with key stakeholders and subject-matter experts across the organization
Serve as the thought leader to help define business processes, system usage, behavior and information requirement needs
Decompose business problems quickly and determine the root cause and provide solution alternatives
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field.
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator (CSA)
- 4 years of experience designing and developing ServiceNow process workflows and writing stories
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across company and department boundaries at all levels
- Demonstrated work experience in process definition including facilitation, process documentation, change control, and process improvement
- Ability to effectively facilitate and lead meetings, tailoring messages to the given audience
- Effective in evaluating information, identifying risks and opportunities, while possessing creative problem-solving skills with an understanding of business concepts and models
- Proven ability to elicit project and system requirements
- Expert negotiation and persuasion skills, with the ability to enable win-win resolutions
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Critical attention to detail and solid creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of the business, organization and solutions that are the back bone of the organization
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions, strategies and organizational direction
- Adept at question/challenge existing business assumptions and constraints
- Demonstrated ability to understand how change will benefit the organization
- Demonstrated ability to critically evaluate information, identify risks and opportunities, while possessing creative problem-solving skills with an understanding of business concepts and models
- Proven track record of successfully supporting the needs of project team members and internal stakeholders (locally and virtually)
- Strong working knowledge of requirements gathering software support, data mining tools and Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrate influence without authority.
- Ability to work in a high performing team environment
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information. Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize. Ability to apply common sense in performing job. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines. Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Certified Implementation Specialist CSM, HR, ITSM, ITBM, ITOM, SecOps or other ServiceNow certifications
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), Project Management Professional (PMP), Agile SAFe, Scrum Master, or ITIL certification
- Familiarity with cost/benefit and ROI data analysis
- Ability to effectively resolve conflict with appropriate escalation