Next Generation Enterprise Network (NGEN) Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) is one the largest IT services program for the Navy and U.S. Marine Corps (USMC), supporting approximately 400,000 seats around the world. Under SMIT, the SMIT contractor will provide enterprise services to the Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN), Navy-Marine Corps Internet (NMCI), and OCONUS Navy Enterprise Network (ONE-Net) including transport, datacenter, network operations, service desk, cybersecurity, and managed services. CDW-G will be supporting the SMIT contractor in several of these service areas.
The Enterprise Service Desk Manager is designed to interface with service desk agents, field system administrators, and technical and executive stakeholders. They will provide leadership and accountability during critical, business-impacting outages and incidents within our customers’ IT environment. You are responsible for providing high-level, timely and technical communication to key stakeholders, allowing the team to remain focused and on task, and maintaining ticket documentation and response timelines with the goal of driving rapid resolution
Key Areas of Responsibility
Manage team of service desk agents to drive resolution of operating issues and major internal and customer incidents and outages, including service-level degradation and breach of customer Service Level Agreements (SLAs), in timely manner
Review daily, weekly, and monthly reports for Technology Support to ensure that all service level initiatives are being met per goals and objectives.
Drives the efficiency and effectiveness of the Incident Management Process, providing feedback for continuous improvement
Plan and drive Technology Support related projects and initiatives.
Address issues of diverse scope where analysis of situations and/or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including and understanding of current trends.
Ensures standardized methods and procedures are followed for response, analysis, documentation, ongoing management and reporting of incidents
Works with Incident Management, Field support, and Customer Success teams using ITIL standards to maintain adherence to the Incident Management Process
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Active Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology related discipline; OR a combination of work experience, education and training equivalent to a four-year college degree in a technology related discipline
- 5 years related IT work experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- Exceptional leadership ability - must be able to effectively manage a critical incident response team in a high-paced, high -pressure outage scenario
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certificate or higher in IT Service Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Track record of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience leading projects, effectively delegating responsibilities and managing resources.
- History of building and maintaining productive cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders and business partners.
- Strong attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to document, write and present information to all stakeholder levels
- Advance knowledge of PC hardware and software installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Advance working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and software products.
- Flexibility to work off hours and weekends as required.
- Bachelors degree in IT, Finance, Accounting or Business
- 4 years experience as a manager in an enterprise environment
- Leadership experience in an enterprise environment (5,000+ clients)
- Working experience managing large rollouts and mass deployments of devices
- Working experience with developing, updating, and managing hardware build process and procedure
- Working experience with expense planning and forecasting for an IT Service Desk or desktop environment
- Experience managing capital planning around hardware/software used in an enterprise environment
- Certified Desktop Support Mgr (HDI)