This job posting is no longer active
The eCommerce, Sr. Front End Developer will make certain the CDW site looks and functions perfectly for all who use it. This role has expert understanding of Web programming languages and coding standards to translate visual concepts into functional online experiences while also having a keen eye for detail. Additionally, this role will collaborate with a talented team of Information Architects, Visual Designers, and fellow developers from concept through production. This role is instrumental in fulfilling the company’s vision and providing advanced solutions for our eCommerce site and related digital marketing campaigns.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Establishes standard-compliant code base including testing/debugging in multiple browsers and platforms.
- Take an active role in team Agile rituals, including daily scrums, planning, retrospectives, demos, and backlog grooming
- Highly collaborative with Visual and UX Designers to translate visual concepts into online experiences to ensure flawless integration with back-end technology and a great user experience.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- 7 years in application development, or 5 years CDW Application Development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or practical knowledge/experience.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach others.
- Expertise in the appropriate technical language as aligned under required qualifications below.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate details and impacts of complex proposed software solutions.
- Proven knowledge in all stages of the software development life cycle.
- History of working independently with little direction.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with critical attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Professional experience with HTML5/CSS3
- Expert knowledge of user experience best practices and ability to implement solutions based on unique needs of specific users
- Proficiency with Adobe CS
- Familiar with interaction design and information architecture methods and principles.
- Knowledge of the user-centered design theory and demonstrated participation in an application of study findings to range of past projects.
- Expert understanding of Responsive Design and UI optimization
- Knowledge of W3C standards and SEO principles
- Portfolio required
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in the software development process and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience with E-Commerce websites
- Experience working in an environment using Agile Methodology preferred
- Solid understanding of Web Accessibility
Job Category: Corporate IT
Job Type: Full-Time