This job posting is no longer active
The Senior Application Developer supports business process through technology solutions. The purpose of the role is to develop business software solutions for complex and large-scale projects through object and data modeling, database design, programming, quality assurance, and implementation support. The Senior Application Developer participates in application standards development and serves as an evangelist for best practices in development.
The Senior Application Developer develops customer facing e-commerce web sites and supports business solutions. The purpose of the role is to develop business software solutions for complex and large-scale e-commerce projects through object and data modeling, database design, programming, quality assurance, and implementation support. The Senior Application Developer participates in application standards development and serves as an evangelist for best practices.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Collaborate with business teams to clarify requirements and business needs.
- Develop system applications to CDW coding standards and quality.
- Technically manage complex and large-scale project efforts in development, maintenance and enhancements of business system applications.
- Collaborate with other developers to determine the optimal solution architecture to ensure application efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
- Collaborate with business teams to develop high-level system narratives, storyboards, and user interface prototypes.
- Develop system test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
- Proactively update stakeholders and maintain open and courteous communication.
- Report project/task status to the appropriate Application Development Manager on a weekly basis.
- Utilize an object-oriented software lifecycle methodology.
- Serve as a mentor/technical resource for Application Developers.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
7 years in application development, or 5 years CDW Application Development experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent IT knowledge/experience.
Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach others.
Expertise in the appropriate technical language as aligned under required qualifications below.
Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate details and impacts of complex proposed software solutions.
Proven knowledge in all stages of the software development life cycle.
History of working independently with little direction.
Strong planning and organizational skills with critical attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills.
Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
Expertise in creating applications using technologies such as C#, ASP.NET, RESTful Web Services, XML, SQL Server.
Expertise in Object Oriented Design and programming techniques.
Demonstrated resourcefulness in the software development process and creative problem-solving skills.
Job Category: Corporate IT
Job Type: Full-Time