The Senior Business Systems Administrator is responsible for developing and configurating CDW’s instance of a 3rd party software application for Enterprise Contract Management (ECM)/Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM). This role also ensures production environment availability, stability and performance of 3rd party software application(s). . This role serves as the business analyst, IT point person, system advocate, and subject matter expert for such applications and provides day-to-day close support to internal business partners.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- In alignment with business needs, design and manage system security plans and procedures; maintain user groups, roles, rights/permissions; perform security audits; document configuration of the system
- Collaborate with stakeholders to clarify project requirements and business objectives and acquire commitments.
- Analyze and resolve business needs related to packaged software
- Ensure production environment availability, stability and performance through proactive monitoring, configuration and tuning. Serve as the IT point person, system advocate and SME for 3rd party software applications (or Content Management System(s) pertaining to contracts and other legal documents for Program Sales) with a strong customer-service oriented disposition toward internal business partners
- Establish and maintain a strong, close working relationship with functional area counterparts, users, internal IT, external consultants, and product vendors
- Participate in and oversee the performance of software installations, system configurations, migrations, maintenance, upgrades, patches/fixes of 3rd party package software
- Patches/fixes are completed by OEM providers or designated consultants for Program Sales
- Troubleshoot software, hardware and infrastructure issues; marshal all necessary resources (developers, infrastructure team, Help Desk, coworkers, etc.) and collaborate to resolve including escalation with vendor
- Partner with management to plan and coordinate IT activities with all users/stakeholders
- Provide regular status and report on issues that arise to management
- Communicate with all stakeholders when problems exist and follow-up once resolved
- Create and maintain system documentation; train all other system users
- Develop and promote standard operating procedures, best practices, governance
- Establish and perform backup/disaster recovery procedures
- Trains users and creates users guides and reference materials
- Respond quickly to identify and resolve issues involving business applications
- Remain current on the latest software releases/release notes in anticipation of future business needs and/or to improve productivity and departmental capabilities
- Keep abreast of related technologies, methodologies, best practices and provide recommendations for adoption/implementation
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement and take necessary actions to implement
- Evaluate packaged software products and upgrades to existing products
- Decompose business problems quickly and work with the project team to determine the root cause and provide solution alternatives.
- Derive a detailed understanding of the stated business problem and objectives and work with the stakeholder and technical team toward resolution to achieve the objectives.
- Perform quantitative & qualitative analysis to help justify the investment necessary to deliver a solution.
- Respond to voice-mail, e-mails, and electronic tickets directed to the support team on a timely basis and follow-up on issues until confirmed resolution. Provide outstanding customer service to all stakeholders and maintain open and collaborative communication.
- Assist manager with strategy, vision, planning, building of the administration team
- Mentor and coach junior team members
- Work evening and weekend hours when necessary for installations, implementations, and upgrades
- Maintain login capability from home to respond to any system-related problem(s)
- Carry a company-issued smart phone and respond to critical business issues in a timely manner
IT Information Services
- Perform technical infrastructure/hardware requirements gathering, sizing, installation, testing with the IT systems engineering/networking groups
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5 years Configuration of software applications or Business Analyst Experience
- 7 years software support or other related experience.
Other Required Qualifications
- Expert working knowledge of 3rd party packaged software and PC hardware and software.
- Working experience with networking and connectivity concepts as they relate to hardware and software.
- Experience with enterprise application configuration and implementation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information. Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize. Ability to apply common sense in performing job. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Flexibility to work off hours and weekends as business needs dictate.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Demonstrated process documentation ability.
- Proactive mindset focused on continuous improvement.
- Customer-service oriented disposition
- Willingness/interest in expanded role to multiple enterprise applications
IT Information Services: Oracle Hyperion
- Strong working knowledge from a technical (non-functional)/administrative perspective of Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management solutions including Planning, Essbase, Profitability and Cost Management (HPCM), Financial Data Management (FDMEE), Financial Reporting, Smartview, etc. and the ability quickly learn and master others
- Experience with Essbase calc scripts, load rules, business rules, report scripts
- Strong knowledge of SQL, MDX/MAXL, SSIS
- Experience developing and running data extraction, transformation, load jobs using Hyperion as both source and target
- Familiarity with financial functional area (especially FP&A)
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills with critical attention to detail.
- Proficient in the stages of the software development life cycle, including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS.