Project Managers with CDWs Strategic Solutions and Services practice are in the middle of the action deploying enterprise level technical solutions for our customers. By joining CDW, you will be partnered with industry leading Engineers, Technical Leads, Project Managers and Solution Architects enabling your continued development and success. CDW is honored by holding the highest level of certifications and accreditations with our vendor partners such as Microsoft, Cisco, EMC, VMware, IBM, HP and more.
Interested in helping our customers achieve their complex and challenging business goals with leading edge technologies? If you GET IT and are interested in delivering client facing solutions like deployments, implementations & configurations, don’t wait, take the first step and apply now.
The incumbent of this position will:
- Manage projects involving implementation Cisco technologies including Call Manager, Unity Voicemail, Call Center products, and integration with existing PBXs
- Manage a highly technical team of individuals to implement an enterprise infrastructure design, build, and migration
- Lead the delivery of CDW projects using the proven CDW engagement methodology
- Manage overall project performance, including timelines, costs, resources, and risks
- Manage customer expectations for projects; prepare weekly/monthly status reports
- Utilize project management software including MS Project/Project Server
- Work closely with CDW engineers to identify and understand the variables and requirements for projects
- Identify project risks and inefficiencies and provide recommendations for resolution and mitigation; perform contingency planning
- Incorporate process improvement and change management strategies in planning
- Prepare QA specifications to guide and measure the success of the project deliverables
- Keep technical, communications, and business skills current, with an emphasis on understanding emerging technologies/regulations/security issues and their impact on CDW customers
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
Minimum Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in business or computer related field or equivalent experience
- Three to five years experience in delivering quality Infrastructure Project Management.
- Secret or TS Clearance Required
- Three years of experience leading significant projects
- Infrastructure project management experience; consulting experience preferred
- Experience in PBX, voice mail, and automatic call distribution usage
- PMI Certified
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN architecture, desktops, applications, operating systems, Internet services, ISP business, network and computer security topics and current networking trends
- Working knowledge of Gantt and Pert charts
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, lead, build teams, work independently, and recommend business strategies
- High degree of organization and attention to detail