DOD CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED!
Relocation is not a requirement. Position will require travel to various Federal DOD client sites.
Let’s change the world together
CDW is building teams that are growing service offerings to our customers. A successful Associate Consulting Engineer (ACE) will immerse in a close-knit group of techies, to collaborate and master with. Hone your learning by partnering with skilled engineers that value your ideas and perspectives. The Program is a meaningful paid 18-month, industry-leading training program for people who have real passion for technology, an aptitude for problem solving, and a drive for customer dedication. Further expand your knowledge, gain hands-on experience with leading-edge technology, while accelerating your career dreams and leveraging your Security Clearance by working on Federal initiatives on various Bases and Client Sites. Upon completion of the program, you will advance into an Engineer Consultant on CDW’s services team where you will accelerate your career.
What you’ll be doing:
Participate in a best-in-class training program while gaining valuable on-the-job skills. As an Associate Consulting Engineer (ACE), you will be actively involved in technical solving opportunities and assigned to meaningful projects that align to your skill set. Learn from top technology professionals as well as pursue certifications that are incorporated into the program.
ACEs focusing in this Network Security practice will work with our lead engineers developing and implementing enterprise level technical architecture and physical design of our customers’ network.
ACEs focusing in this Data Center practice will work with our lead engineers designing, planning, and implementing Data Center Solutions including Network Virtualization, Storage and Compute platforms.
ACEs focusing in this Wireless practice will work with our lead engineers developing wireless network infrastructures and making recommendations on systems enhancements for optimization.
CDW is a leader in providing Information Security risk assessment services and is the predominant Cisco solutions provider. By joining our team, you will be partnered with industry leading Engineers, Consultants and Technical Architects as colleagues to help enable your success.
- Authorized to work for CDW in the United States; immigration sponsorship (H-1B, TN, etc.) is not currently available for this position.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license
- DoD Secret Clearance and above
- BA/BS including concentration in; Telecommunications, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or one of the following:
- Associate degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or related technology focused concentration plus 1 year of relevant practical experience or;
- 3+ years relevant practical experience in IT networking, information systems management or applications development or;
- 1 year relevant practical experience plus one or more applicable technology related certifications (certifications to be in active standing)
- Ability to travel up to 75% (can vary by location)
- Ability to work select weekends and/or after hours when business needs arise
- At least 1 semester or equivalent experience of programming experience with Python, Perl, Ruby, or PowerShell
- Experience with Linux
- One or more of the following professional certifications: CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+, CCNA, CISSP, OSCP, SANS GIAC
- Experience in cyber competitions.
- Public speaking experience
- Military Information Security background is a plus
- National technology related challenges, awards or achievements