This job posting is no longer active
Independently manages projects or programs, or act as a Project Manager within a program. Owns all aspects of a product or service offering for a client, from inception to implementation. Engaged with sales, consultants, stakeholders and other members of cross-functional teams. Projects are typically of high complexity or risk and have high visibility in the client or CDW organization. A Program Manager will often work on projects consisting of emerging and/or highly customized technology. Work with enterprise or strategic clients that will often have strict constraints on one or more of the project components. This position often works with mixed teams with multiple practice/solution areas and complex systems integration which could include multiple service areas and third-party vendors. The Program Manager is responsible for leading Project Managers within the associated program or projects. The CDW Program Manager acts as project advocate ensuring success for all stakeholders by driving for results, making the tough call, and building strong relationships with project stakeholders.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Project Management
- Compares/contrasts client’s methodology and provides guidance to Project Managers on melding customer methodology and processes with CDW methodology. Adheres to adjusted methodology and templates.
- Accountable for project profitability. Tracks multiple budgets, consolidates and summarizes for executive stakeholders. Understands budget to actual variations for project phases, makes recommendations and adjustments. Tracks project and program margins against targets. Addresses financial warnings for individual projects and mitigates the effect with the Project Managers. Understands the economics of financial decisions across the portfolio within the client and its impact to CDW. Works with clients to position operational expenses vs. capital expenditures.
- Validates initial program/project scope and estimates. Understands and articulates the impact of project changes on the program. Influences and makes program recommendations at executive stakeholder level and collaborates with the sales team to win business. Sets strategy for minimizing impact and risk to the client due to project changes.
- Maintains continuous alignment of program scope with strategic business objectives. Makes recommendations to modify the program to enhance effectiveness toward the business results or strategic intent.
- Identifies and interprets risks from dependent CDW projects and client projects and initiatives Understands how they impact the program and mitigates the risks. Aligns communications risks and plans to Project Managers and project stakeholders.
- Manages all dependencies from program work streams.
- Proactively conducts resource planning and optimizing billable schedules, monitoring and adjusting assignments as necessary. Acts as an escalation point to address resource constraints in order to minimize impact to the program.
- Establishes and owns program communication plan. Consolidates, manages and executes project plans into program communications plan for all stakeholders and work streams.
- Takes accountability for project results. Is fiscally responsible to the client, the program, and to CDW. Holds project team accountable.
- Instills trust with our clients by building strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Leverages business acumen and political savvy as well as relevant personal and CDW experience to build credibility.
- Demonstrates ability to diffuse uncomfortable situations with client and/or project team.
- Responsible for setting up the program mode of operation
- Has clear and concise communication. Leads and facilitates meetings. Keeps meetings on track, on topic and summarizes assigns and publishes follow up items in a timely manner.
- Adapts communication style and medium to the audience needs. Adjusts communications based on complex political landscape
- Defines strategy and content for formal presentations and coaches project managers on delivery. Creates talking points and strategic messaging.
- Owns communication at the executive level
- Manages Stakeholders: Articulates and summarizes program and highlights the business impact and value. Produces program summary reports for executives. Interfaces regularly with executives on the status and issues of the projects. Is seen as a “Trusted Advisor” by executives about their business. Leads project managers within the program on managing their project teams and resolving issues.
- Negotiation: Develops negotiation strategy for complex negotiations, bringing solutions to Sales teams to resolve customer and/or project conflict. Negotiates conflicts of resources, due dates and priorities across the projects in their program. Is expected to assist project managers with challenging negotiations or assist in developing negotiation strategy.
- Sales Support: Advocates with sales on the value, experience and best practices of the CDW project management services. Proactively influences sales strategy through client executive relationships. Takes an active role in setting strategy, acting as a communication conduit between client and CDW bringing extensive knowledge of client business objectives and/or client’s operational organization to the opportunity.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
Other Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or computer related field or equivalent experience
- 9 or more years of experience in delivering quality Infrastructure Project Management
- Five or more years of experience in leading significant Microsoft or Advanced Technology projects across all solution areas
- Significant success leading programs and projects with enterprise or strategic customers that may encompass several technologies
- Demonstrated ability to take accountability for programs and projects and their results, be fiscally responsible and lead teams to meet defined success factors
- Working knowledge of one or more formal project management methodologies, proficiency with tools such as Microsoft Project/Office
- Ability to leverage business acumen, understand the organizational culture, each group’s roles and responsibilities, and know who the key influencers are in each area. relevant personal and CDW experience, perseverance and communication skills to build credibility
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills. Develops appropriate communication strategy based on both the needs of the program and stakeholders
- Proven ability to proactively collaborate and build relationships, take initiative and creatively problem solve
- Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet client’s needs
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% or as needed to other CDW locations, meetings and client sites
- Preferred certification of PgMP, and PMP
- Understands ITIL Framework
Job Category: Corporate General
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 25%