This job posting is no longer active
The Tech Support Technician participates in facilitating the business' needs for ongoing technical support.
As an IT Service Desk Technician, you will be part of a team that acts as an initial point of contact for all internal CDW coworkers experiencing IT service disruptions throughout the CDW enterprise. You will provide level one technical assistance to coworkers via phone, voicemail, email, instant message, self-service, and social media.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Facilitate the business' needs for ongoing technical support.
- Follow all guidelines and procedures.
- Respond to requests for technical support in a timely manner.
- Follow all asset management guidelines and procedures.
- Participate in projects as assigned.
- Provide first level Service Desk support for a variety of technology incidents and service requests that are generated via phone, voicemail, email, instant message, self-service, and social-media, including;
- Open/Close incidents and services requests in incident tracking tool.
- Update incidents and service requests.
- Keep coworkers informed of the status of their tickets.
- Ensure follow-up is performed with level 2/3 support.
- Meet all productivity and quality goals as measured by the department.
- Mentor new coworkers on technical issues.
- Build and submit knowledgebase content
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- High School Diplomas or equivalent
- 1 year experience in an IT related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with stakeholders and leadership
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to write and present information and documentation
- Strong ability to manage multiple issues at once.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office 365
- Experience working in a Tier "1" phone technical support environment
- Experience installing/uninstalling PC hardware/software
- Experience with VPN solutions and troubleshooting network connectivity
- Experience working with desktop wireless configurations/setups
Experience with Active Directory (creating accounts, changing accounts, adding objects to OU's
- Must be willing to respond to on-call pager system after hours for support emergencies
- Must have the ability to move about inside the office as needed in support of customers
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs, with or without assistance, on occasion
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs unassisted on a regular basis
- Experience supporting Windows 10 and Mac OSx
- Experience supporting iOS and Android
- IT Certifications
- Bachelors degree in IT field
- A+ Certification
- N+ Certification
- Certified Support Center analyst (HDI)
Job Category: Corporate IT
Job Type: Full-Time