This job posting is no longer active
This role has involvement in accounting and reporting activities for CDW as a whole. The role drives continuous improvement in terms of the integrity of processes and promotes overall efficiency. This position is also responsible for providing analytical support to executive-level management. This role may provide leadership, direction and management to their designated team and work on special projects, as needed.
The Principal, Global Accounting Advisory provides technical accounting guidance to support CDW’s business, assists with the implementation of new US GAAP accounting standards, and maintains the Company’s global finance instruction manual.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Maintains effective system of internal accounting controls in support of SOX compliance.
- Participate in cross-functional special projects, as needed.
- Provides accounting and transaction advisory support to the organization by helping the business navigate complex transactions and events.
- Collaborates with sales leaders when initiating new complex contracts by identifying revenue recognition and other accounting implications.
- Provides technical accounting support for M&A transactions.
- Provides accounting advisory guidance to the organization based on authoritative literature and company policies.
- Communicates the impact of significant contracts and transactions on financial statements to key stakeholders, including executive management.
- Reviews significant contracts to ensure proper accounting and assesses Stand-alone Selling Price.
- Maintains compliance with all internal control procedures, including preparation of documentation to support revenue accounting policies.
- Updates the Company’s global finance instruction manual, which includes accounting and reporting policies and procedures.
- Supports the Company’s external auditors performing quarterly reviews and the annual audit with respect to accounting issues.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- External candidates: 4 years of relevant finance and accounting experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated excellent knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices with ability to apply them in a business analysis situation.
- Solid technical accounting skills, specifically with Topic 606 – Revenue from Contracts with Customers.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business, while meeting deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications with strong experience in Excel.
- Track record in problem analysis with the ability to creatively and proactively problem solve.
- Track record of identifying process improvements and making appropriate recommendations.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and maintain productive working relationships cross-functionally.
- Excellent people management skills, if applicable.
- Proficient knowledge of US GAAP.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate issues or foresee conflicts arising from decisions or policy elections.
- Ability to take the lead on researching/resolving issues (from start to finish), or representing department on projects.
- Big 4 or other public accounting firm experience within a Financial Advisory role
Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%