This job posting is no longer active
The Sr Tech Support Technician provides technical support to internal and external customers. This roles serves as a subject matter expert in their specifics areas of support.
The Sr ITAM Analyst in Information Technology participates in all aspects of the IT Asset Management lifecycle for higher profile and higher complexity vendors, including software acquisition, compliance, maintenance renewals, life cycle planning, costing, and budgeting, while building strong relationships with assigned vendors. This role is the point person for all communication, both internal and external, and all activities associated with their assigned contracts and products.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide first class customer support to key stakeholders.
- Identify and recommend ways to streamline process and improve efficiency.
- Follow existing guidelines and processes.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for existing coworkers.
- Manage complex technical issues.
- Other Responsibilities
- Manage the business’ needs for ongoing technical support and upgrade protection on selected products by ensuring that maintenance, support and upgrade protection renewals are managed/handled/ordered in advance of their expiration for assigned vendors.
- Identify savings opportunities for renewals, software licensing, and services. Follow through with vendors and IT software owners to obtain identified savings.
- Manage complex contracts and relationships to maximize value creation and costs for software licensing, maintenance, and service offerings, including establishment and tracking of vendor SLAs.
- Collect information for budgeting, software compliance, contracts and agreements, and cost comparisons.
- Enter and maintain information in a database format to address budgeting, software compliance, contracts, and cost.
- Develop and maintain reporting, including score carding, to address management requirements to obtain information.
- Respond to requests from users, managers, and team members for specific IT Software Asset Management data information.
- Maintain proper implementation of ITAM policies, processes, and procedures for effective software lifecycle management.
- Audit and monitor purchased entitlements, including license usage, to ensure compliance and gather information as needed.
- Perform all maintenance renewals, including PO creation and receiving, and ensure proper amortization rules are communicated to finance.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years working experience in IT related field
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated organization, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with stakeholders and leadership
- Strong ability to multitask and mange multiple issues at once
- Strong attention to detail
- Data analysis skills including: excel knowledge, research work, analyzing reports, data reconciliation
- Clear understanding of software entitlements
- IT Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree in IT related field
- Prior experience and understanding of hardware and/or software asset tracking principles
- Knowledge of Finance Accounting principles
- Experience with a SAM tool suite and/or asset discovery toolset
- Experience interpreting licensing terms and conditions
Job Category: Corporate IT
Job Type: Full-Time