This job posting is no longer active
The Purchasing Specialist is responsible for negotiating, purchasing, and maintaining inventory for specific product lines that are up to $10M daily. This role is required to drive revenue and margin for their product lines in collaboration with their Product Management team.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Analysis of sales and seasonal trends to effectively manage inventory in multiple distribution centers.
- Accurately set pricing to ensure CDW is competitive and products will sell in a timely manner.
- Proactively negotiate favorable pricing, partner funding, payment terms, price protection policies, and return policies to CDW.
- Demonstrate financial acumen to negotiate and execute opportunistic buy in deals.
- Maintain inventory mix and roadmaps for product lines within category.
- Proven track record in inventory management for product lines, with the ability to manage products through their lifecycle and product positioning issues.
- Develop and maintain internal and external partner relationships at all levels to contribute to category growth.
- Align with Product Management to drive product offerings and earn incremental funding.
- Analyze industry information to identify opportunities and strategies to increase partner sales within CDW.
- Report on supply chain metrics, including days of supply, aging inventory, backorders, lead time, and primary supplier fill rate.
- Provide monthly reporting outlining various metrics and revenue data, including buy-ins and rebates.
- Bachelor’s degree OR
- 2 years of purchasing experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Critical thinking and resourcefulness to solve problems with supply chain and inventory management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact and present to all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of CDW systems, partner programs and processes to maximize revenue and margin.
- Demonstrated price negotiation and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of purchasing related accounting issues.
- History of successfully working independently.
- Ability to travel when required.
Job Category: Procurement
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%