As a Senior Payroll System Analyst, you will work with different stakeholders across the organization to build, develop, manage and monitor IT Payroll enhancements and system updates. This role is responsible for identifying and implementing best practices and to ensure special projects are completed timely and on budget. This role serves as the liaison between the Payroll department and IT to address PeopleSoft HCM issues, including the Time and Labor module, as well as all sub-systems associated with payroll processing.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead quarterly Tax Update to ensure company and system compliance with employee and employer tax changes. This includes testing, researching and resolving any updates within the system during implementation.
- Develop testing plans and document test results for changes made to payroll systems to ensure compliance and tax rates are updated successfully.
- Preparation of internal and external reports via PeopleSoft HCM query writing and analysis.
- Serve as lead to ensure year-end updates for W2 preparation and processing are successfully completed.
- Manage business configuration rules and/or table values, develops queries and reports that provide insights and troubleshoots overall PeopleSoft HCM issues.
- Maintain adequate internal controls and SOX compliance to ensure controls are operating as designed.
- Provide feedback and recommendations on process improvement opportunities, as well as assessing the potential impact of changes. Shares overall best practices with the finance organization.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3 years of experience with PeopleSoft HCM.
- Strong, professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Advanced experience with excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, formulas, reporting, etc.) or other tools to manage large amount of data and to provide insights to management.
- Proven project management, planning and organizational skills with the ability to effectively lead tasks and activities.
- Strong creative problem solving and analytical skills.
- PeopleSoft HCM query writing skills.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP).
- 5 years of experience with PeopleSoft HCM.