This job posting is no longer active
The Senior Field Solution Architect (FSA) role focuses on pre-sales and post sales solution design. This role is responsible for working with internal solution architects and sales teams to plan, organize and deliver customer demos and proof of value projects (PoV) of the Cisco security portfolio. The incumbent analyzes the sales environment including customer expectations, competitive environment as well as the customer's technical environment and will develop Go to Market (GTM) strategies as well as trainings to supplement those strategies.
The Senior FSA develops and maintains strategic relationships with Management of the teams they support and be seen as a trusted advisor to grow business.
The Senior FSA is expected to be subject matter expert in the Cisco suite of security solutions and will provide assistance on both pre- and post-sales issues and or concerns.
The incumbent in this role operates independently using standard approaches, existing tools, templates, and resources; shares knowledge and information that may benefit the team.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Is a passionate learner who demonstrates continuous learning by proactively expanding technical depth in products, solutions, and services. Achieves certifications in advanced technologies for CDW’s Cisco partnership and will play a key role in activities related to Cisco Masters Certification.
- Operates with the perspective and insight that business needs, not just technology, establish the limits on what can be achieved.
- Designs technical solutions using standard approaches, considering the customer’s infrastructure limitations and opportunities; analyzes, interprets, and presents assessment results.
- Determines and defines services that complement and/or round out proposed hardware and software engagements, estimates required engineer effort.
- Uses team tools, templates, resources, and processes for maximum efficiency, productivity, consistency, and high quality execution.
- Provides feedback to technology leaders where opportunities exist to improve offerings, design, and delivery execution.
- Conducts technology/solutions training for CDW audiences (e.g., Sales, Inside Solution Architects), using developed material.
- Contributes to the team’s knowledge base and readily shares knowledge with other FSAs, Inside Solution Architects, and Sales.
- Assists new team members by answering questions and sharing expertise on the tools of the job.
- Assists new hires by answering questions and sharing information.
- Follows up on implemented solutions and identifies new opportunities that complement the work that was completed.
- Researches and reviews customer profile information; applies knowledge of the vertical to develop customer intimacy prior to sales calls and/or strategy sessions.
- Assists customer in understanding their equipment maintenance contracts, upgrade needs, and renewals; analyses the most cost-effective approach for the customer (e.g., renew the contract or purchase new equipment and contract.)
- Articulates to customers the Practice’s value proposition; articulates audience-centric version of the value proposition to customers, account managers, and partners and uses it to generate additional revenue opportunities for CDW.
- Leads business-focused technology solution presentations at CDW, Customer, and Partner events and meetings in your territory.
- Uses technology assessments and demos as a sales tool for furthering sales opportunities; identifies cross sell-and/or up-sell opportunities for an engagement, equips/assists FSAs and Sales to pursue it.
- Collaborates with Partners, Inside Solution Architects (ISA) and Account Executives (AE) to drive mapped opportunities; fine tunes strategies and approaches to achieve greater sales results.
- Operates in a regular cadence with the Cisco security team to educate, plan, and execute on joint strategies in collaboration with multiple stakeholders (ISA, AE, Sales Managers, Field Sales).
- Produces marketing-type documents and materials (e.g., presentation).
- Prioritizes time spent on opportunities based on potential return on investment.
- Assists territory SAs with the production of Bills of Materials and in the response to RFPs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Four-year minimum technical pre-sales or technical architecting experience
- Stay up to date on products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature, seminars, and online training
- Proven project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Proven success and experience selling technologies solutions and services
- Knowledge and proven success of engaging and working with sales teams
- Ability to execute on territory goals and metrics
- Ability to adapt and change to the business needs of the practice and team coverage model
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, including consulting skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong passion for learning and teaching others
- Motivated and self-starting
- Ability to think creatively and come up with proactive ideas that will increase sales
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or relevant certification.
Job Category: Solution Architect
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 25%