The Application Architect will develop application architecture specifications, application partitioning, object and data modeling, database design, quality assurance, and post implementation support, by developing and serving as an evangelist for Application Development best practices. This role will be guided by CDW’s Enterprise Architecture function and will continue to improve CDW overall application technology.
· · Lead complex Application Development Architecture and whiteboarding sessions
· · Develop CDW technical coding and documentation standards.
· · Manage technically complex projects efforts in development, maintenance and enhancements of business system applications.
· · Employ object-oriented analysis and design techniques including use case analysis, object modeling, and database schema design to ensure business requirements and design goals are met.
· · Participate in application architecture planning (including system partitioning and framework design) to determine optimal solution architecture, efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
· · Make technical decisions to meet the design goals laid out in product road map and by management.
· · Collaborate with business and project teams to gather requirements and business needs.
· · Development of the application architecture framework. This implies mastery of the entire architecture.
· · Assist the Product teams with High-level system narratives, storyboards, and user interface prototypes.
· · Detailed design specifications for hardware and software use by the technical team.
· · Define best practices for system test plans and ensure compliance to software quality Management (SQM) guidelines.
· · Detailed estimates for projects, including resource allocation, timelines, and budget.
· · Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
· · Develop new architectures for applications based on new or emerging technologies.
· · Monitor technical progress of project teams and provide mentoring where appropriate.
· · Identify issues that require more attention, and work to resolve issues based on an understanding of the business problem being solved.
· · Draw appropriate resources together to address technical issues.
· Actively participate in the industry externally through internet research, white papers, or conferences.
· Architects and guides integration teams to deliver on integration components across API, EDI, ESB, and data integration platforms
· Provide architectural oversight for API, EDI, ESB and data integration projects
· Define, document, communicate, and implement technical and architectural requirements for current and future integrations
· Analyze and prepare recommendations to address existing and potential trouble areas in systems and procedures related to data integrations across the organization
· Technically manage complex and large-scale project efforts in development, maintenance and enhancement of business system applications
· Collaborate with enterprise application developers and architects (when appropriate) to determine optimal solution architecture, efficiency, maintainability and scalability
· Providing technical expertise to implementing and managing complex enterprise-level integrations utilizing IBM integration tools
· Serve as a technical expert to mentor and groom the team to drive large and complex implementations
· 12 years in application development, or 10 years CDW Application Development experience.
· BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent IT knowledge/experience.
· · Experience in leading software development teams and managing implementation projects that utilize client / server and browser/server technologies.
· · Demonstrate ability to work effectively with, and support the needs of, project team members and the customer support.
· · Demonstrated outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work effectively with other IT teams as well as customers. Ability to effectively present information, interact with, and respond to questions from managers, employees, customers, and vendors
· · Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills.
· · Demonstrated experience in teaching and/or mentoring professionals.
· · Possess expert level knowledge of product lifecycle
· · Skilled in designing n-tier applications and, experience in UML notation or other standard frameworks.
· · Demonstrate mastery in leading software development projects and managing implementation projects that using industry best practices.
· · Possess expert level knowledge of object-oriented design, and programming techniques.
· · History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
· · Prior strong planning and organizational skills.
· Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach other Application Development team members.
· 8 years of direct development experience with BPML, XSLT, XPATH and ANSI X12 EDI Standards.
· 5+ years of experience in the areas of API/EDI and design/implementation of integration architecture
· Expertise in the architectural design, and implementation of patterns including Bulk Data, Real-Time Data, File Based, Process Integrations and Event Processing
· Experience in implementing solutions with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), REST and other Web API architecture styles and protocols like SOAP.
· Understanding of network, data storage and high availability concepts in relation to integration architecture
· Thorough understanding of application security, including OAuth and JWT Tokens
· Demonstrated experience in integration patterns, methods, and technologies such as APIs, REST, EDI, message queues, event-driven, and micro-services
· Strong functional knowledge in Order-to-cash, procure-to-pay, warehouse management integration process flows.
· Experience with SFTP, FTP, FTPS, AS2, HTTPS, TCP, UDP and SOAP (Web Service) protocols
· Mapping from various file formats (X12, XML, Flat File Positional, CSV)
· Experience with Streaming platform e.g. apache Kafka / spark is good to have
· Thorough understanding of cloud integration patterns