The Senior Auditor will be responsible for coordinating and delivering internal audit services as part of the Business Process Assurance (BPA) team and interface with internal stakeholders and external auditors in their delivery of services. In particular, this individual will be responsible for providing internal audit services and support for Finance and Operations.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assist the BPA team with planning and executing an internal audit program that measures, evaluates and identifies needed enhancements in financial and operational controls to meet company policy and maximize efficiency.
- Review, analyze and test internal controls to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley legislation.
- Plan and execute select BPA (internal audit) reviews.
- Interface with internal stakeholders and external auditors to facilitate the delivery and analysis of audit information and results.
- Manage and track action items resulting from all BPA reviews.
- Develop overall assessments around risks and controls and provide advice to management regarding mitigation of these risks.
- Execution and management of internal audit engagements and special projects.
- Assessment, management and execution of select projects related to business-area remediation.
- Consult with management to design and conduct process reviews based on departmental needs.
- Serve as a consultative advisor to internal & external audit resources along with internal stakeholders to ensure timely and consistent controls advice.
- Inspect overall internal control processes to determine accuracy of financial statement account balances and compliance with laws and regulations, company policies and procedures, and GAAP.
- Train and lead Finance Rotational Program (FRP) coworker on specific projects building leadership and management skills.
- Manage schedules and budget for third party service providers for specific projects.
- Work across teams and departments to identify and validate action items on BPA reviews, ensure these are appropriately vetted through all levels.
- Develop relationships within Finance and Operations leadership.
- Formulating initiatives that contribute to the strategic aims of BPA and leading the execution of such.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Information Technology
- 3 years audit experience
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley and its application to various business processes.
- Ability to apply audit standards through practical application and possess an appropriate combination of technical expertise in fields such as auditing, finance, technology, operations, or investigations.
- Demonstrated experience with internal controls, risk assessments, business process and internal IT control testing or operational auditing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to write audit reports and to participate in presentations.
- Strong project management experience with history of balancing competing priorities and ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- CPA, CIA, or any related internal audit certification.
- Big 4 or regional audit firm experience desirable.
- Data Analytics experience.